• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way for Acrobat Pro X to rotate pages slightly?

Participant ,
Aug 20, 2013 Aug 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I scanned a ton of pages and unfortunately all the pages tilted about the same amount in one direction.  Is there a way to have the pages rotated just a few degrees?  And if there isnt a way for it to do it to the file, is there a way to have it do it when it prints?

I know how to rotate 90 and 180 degrees but what if I just want to rotate maybe 8 degrees?

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Aug 20, 2013 Aug 20, 2013

Actually, I just discovered Tools/Document Processing/Optimized Scanned PDF.  Inside that, there is a deskew option and a few other very handy options.  I just tried it on 2 of my PDFs and it straightened them out perfectly as well as taking out the scanned white backgrounds and other things.  Its just what I needed 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really. PDF pages can only be rotated in 90 degree intervals. You can

try using Text Recognition, which might fix this issue, or another option

is to use the Add Background option to "stamp" the skewed pages on a blank

page, which also has the option to rotate them slightly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I just discovered Tools/Document Processing/Optimized Scanned PDF.  Inside that, there is a deskew option and a few other very handy options.  I just tried it on 2 of my PDFs and it straightened them out perfectly as well as taking out the scanned white backgrounds and other things.  Its just what I needed 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2014 Dec 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Acrobat Pro 11.  Under Tools there is Content Editing, Pages, Interactive Object, Forms, Action Wizard, Text Recognition and Protection.  There is no Document Processing.  There is no Document Processing under any of the previously mentioned headings.  I can find no way to rotate a page by a user specified amount.

Not happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 25, 2014 Dec 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you click on Tools, click on the small down-arrow on the top of the column. That opens up a dialog that lets you select tools that aren't “on” by default, including Document Processing.

That having been said, none of the available Acrobat tools allow arbitrary page rotation. The Rotate Pages tool (under Pages tool) only offers rotations in 90 degree increments. The deskewing feature of the Optimize Scanned PDF tool doesn't provide for arbitrary page rotation, simply fixup of orientation of scanned text (i.e., text in images).

There are some third party Acrobat plug-ins such as Quite Software's Quite a Box of Tricks that can do arbitrary rotation of all objects within a page, modifying the page size if necessary (all pages are either portrait or landscape orientation).

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent.  This still works and has made this mornings job a little easier.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dov,

Thanks for the complete solution to an age-old problem of mine. 

Ron Hibbard Sr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Expensive! $200 for least expensive version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2015 May 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for finding this, works great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't a way to do arbitrary rotation for an entire page in an Acrobat product.

But the only way I knew is:

- In Acrobat use "Export to JPEG"

- In Photoshop or Lightroom rotate the image (so easy, just press R and use the mouse) then save it

- Open the JPEG file with Adobe Acrobat Pro and save it as PDF.

Done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to what naduarte1  had said, you can right-click the page you want to edit and then select "Edit Using" then select Photoshop. This will allow you to do the quick edit in PS and hit save and it will automatically load it back to the PDF file without having to add extra steps to export and import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I discovered it by accident.  If you go into Tools ---->edit pdf and open your document, then it will recognize your document as blocks of text.  If the blocks of text are rotated, they will automagically and before your eyes be rotated back into the correct position, so that the text is now straight relative to the page.  I noticed that for this to happen, I had to look at each page of my document.  So, you might want to check whether it would automagically take place on a really long document, where you didn't look at each page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines