• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to find a corrupt page in a PDF using Adobe Acrobat Pro?

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyday I am sent two or three PDF documents with over 3000 pages and I am told that at least one of those pages is corrupt which therefore means that the document will not print. The only way I know to find the page number of this page is to print the document through the Adobe PDF Printer and wait until it fails, then look at the page number it failed on, go to that page and remove it.

What I want to know is, is there a better way of automating this process. The corrupt page is always to do with an image that is on that page. Is there anyway to use preflight to find the corrupt page/s.

My next question is, if there is a way of automating this, or not, is there any code (preferably C#) that would allow me to integrate this process into a bit of software so that I can remove the page using my program and replace it with a different one.

The only other fix I can think of is if there is some way of accessing some kind of printing log. Therefore, still using the Adobe PDF Printer, somehow starting that process up using c# and then accessing the log files while its running. That way what ever page number the printing bombs out on, I can record that and use it.

Any help at all would be appreciated as I have found no way round this online anywhere

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Hi Ign3u5,

You may use "Report PDF syntax issues" option under preflight as the following threads discuss:

Detecting Corrupt PDF Files

How to check a pdf file if not corrupt? (Acrobat Reader)

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us (a) which software you are using to print, including version and (b) exactly what message you get about pages being corrupt. This is not a familiar message to me, but it may be that when I know what message you get I'll go "aha" (quietly).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A) Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 2018.009.20050

B) Insufficient data for an image is the one I get regularly

Proper impressed by the quick reply btw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ign3u5,

You may use "Report PDF syntax issues" option under preflight as the following threads discuss:

Detecting Corrupt PDF Files

How to check a pdf file if not corrupt? (Acrobat Reader)

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I have the same issue and it's not picked up when preflighting for syntax. The document fails to print once it reaches a specific page. The only way round I've found so far is to convert it to PDF/X-1a, one of the fix ups in this profile resolves things though I havent narrowed it down to which one yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines