• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to get the printer to automatically recognise the page orientation for double sided printing?

Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PDF (700 pages) contains a mix of portrait and landscape pages. When reading double sided printing in a folder, pages in portrait format flip on the long edge, and pages in landscape flip on the short edge. So when you get to a landscape page, the text on page 2 prints upside down. When printing, we can only select long edge or short edge for the double sided option. Is there a way to get the printer to automatically recognise the page orientation for double sided printing?

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Your printer does recognize the page orientation, as it does a autorotate.

Unfortunately, there is no option to change the "flip on edge" according to the page orientation. I suppose the orientation is done accordingly to be more readable on screen.

You have 2 possibilities (I assume that landscape is the exception):

1. Changing the page orientation inside the PDF, so that all pages are correctly oriented (ie flipping landscape pages in portrait the way you want them being printed).
  2. Printing landscape

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your printer does recognize the page orientation, as it does a autorotate.

Unfortunately, there is no option to change the "flip on edge" according to the page orientation. I suppose the orientation is done accordingly to be more readable on screen.

You have 2 possibilities (I assume that landscape is the exception):

1. Changing the page orientation inside the PDF, so that all pages are correctly oriented (ie flipping landscape pages in portrait the way you want them being printed).
  2. Printing landscape and portrait page separately. That's only possible if all landscape pages are r/v pages.
ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey there, thanks for taking the time to help me with that answer. Helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines