Issues combining 2 single page PDF's: I get 1 with 2x the same page

Engaged ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird issue: I have 2 single page PDF's and want to have the page of the 2nd document added to the first document (enabling me to print two-sided). The documents have different file names.

Opened both in Acrobat, both : enabled thumbnails (on the left) - go to the 2nd, selected the page (thumbnail) and dragged it into the the first one. Result: I got twice the same page in the first one. Tried over and over and over, also from the 1st one into the 2nd one, but gave up.

Then I used Explorer, selected both files (being in the same folder), r-click select 'Combine', same result.

(FWIW: PDF properties: no security restrictions, whatever. Documents have been created from Word 2016)

These documents are forms. Fields that should be filled are colourized. However, when printed, these colours are supressed, i.e. on the actual print the background is white.
I tried with combining screenshots, but obviously in that case the colourized fields show up.

Any suggestions?

Windows 10 x64 - Acrobat 2020 Pro 'Classic' v2020.005.30362

Thanks!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Before you combine the files change the field names in the documents or flatten the pages.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines