• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Java Script done in Pro, works in Pro and MS-Edge but doesn’t work in Adobe Reader?

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to modify a PDF-form a coworker created some years ago. Two pretty big if-then-else scripts (~ 450 lines) used to work well. And they still work well if you use Acrobat Pro or MS-Edge (sic!), but fail with Adobe Reader.

I’ve changed the huge if-then-else to an array – again, works fine in Pro and Edge – but not in Reader...

Any Idea what might go wrong. Aside from the size it is a simple if-then-else script, nothing special about it. Other JS in this very form work fine with Reader too …

Additional Question: Actually the two scripts should be a big one. I thought, when changing to an array I could combine them in a single field. But there seems to be a limit to the number of lines allowed in Acrobat. Though there is no error, values at the end of this array are simply not found …?

Thank you

TOPICS
JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Thank you all!

I did a lot more reworking on these forms as I planed ... Though I still can't tell where the problems came from. They simply vanished as I worked my way through the form. Well apparantly there was to much ... in the whole form (and still is), but for now they work fine.

I still have some questions concerning arrays, but I think I set up a speciel test-form and a separate thread for that next year.

I wish you a peaceful Christmas and a good start into the New Year!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all!

I did a lot more reworking on these forms as I planed ... Though I still can't tell where the problems came from. They simply vanished as I worked my way through the form. Well apparantly there was to much ... in the whole form (and still is), but for now they work fine.

I still have some questions concerning arrays, but I think I set up a speciel test-form and a separate thread for that next year.

I wish you a peaceful Christmas and a good start into the New Year!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines