• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Large Adobe Temp Files, no clue whats causing it.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a couple computers at work that only use adobe to read pdfs but the temp files located C:/ProgramData/Adobe/Temp are extremely large. My PC is sitting at 128gigs, inside the folder are lots of folders with numbers, inside those folders are config.bin and installer.bin. What do I need to do to stop this from constantly filling or generating. It happens in the middle of the night when people arent using it, or when I am doing other stuff, I noticed thats today 3 folders were created at 1:57pm and 3 folders at 1:45pm which, at those times I was desiging in Solidworks. Any help? Some computers have small hard drives so we need to delete this folder often.

defaults2qk3fmxtp43_0-1631644600289.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ill add that each folder is 168mb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Acrobat the only Adobe application on those computers?  My Adobe folder has subfolders with the names of other Adobe applications to keep them organized.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader DC, Adobe Acrobat DC, Adobe Acrobat Distiller DC and Adobe Creative Cloud.

DeltaCAD_0-1631645557859.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting - My folder sturcture is very different - Windows 10 64 bit, and a Creative Cloud subscription on board.  Perhaps someone from Adobe can chime in on this.  Good luck!

adobe_temp.png

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave M, your screen shot shows c:\Program files, while the original post shows c:\Programdata. This is Microsoft's place for apps to store changing files for all users. I have the folders shown in the second screen shot (c:\ProgramData\Adobe), and I have more, but I don't have Temp!

Anyway, the general rule is you can delete Temp files without causing much harm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So as a test I uninstalled all adobe products that I am aware of from my PC and I am still getting the temp file under C/ProgramData/Adobe. Since I last posted this on September 14, its created 8.34GB worth of temp storage. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was there any solution found for this issue? I have the exact same Temp file problem at my workplace. Affecting dozens of computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any known fix for this Issue? My C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Temp is ~30GB 

Is there any impact if I delete the data , or is there any way to change the path to save temp file of Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never ran into any issues just straight up deleting the folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any solution to this yet?????
Third time in the last 2 months my PC ran out of space because of the Adobe Temp folder occupying ~300GB of storage. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My only solution was to uninstall all adobe products from my pc and rely on opening pdfs in Edge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man! This is pain. And ADOBE won't even bother to look into this?? It's been months since people are complaining about it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any answer to this issue? Still struggling wiht it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe,

I am another user plagued by this bug, my C:\program data\Adobe\Temp consumes disk space and i have to manually delete the files in temp folder, currently being 43Gb weekly.  Please fix your product to properly update the Adobe products and delete failed updates living in this temp folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, so I had 647 GB in that folder. I noticed my Windows drive (C:) was starting to fill up which was odd because I don't really use for anything other than Windows and some folders connected to that, like dowloaded files etc. But I have all my Adobe applications on another drive. But apparently Adobe's been secretely stuffing an inbcredible amount of data in there without telling me. And for quite some time. Seems safe enough to just delete it all, but it really shouldn't have to be there in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines