• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Larger PDF will no longer open with AcrobatPro DC

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a mac running OS 10.15.7  I have a pdf file that is 2.94 GB and it will no longer open with Acrobat. I have several copies of the file and know they were viewed and edited last year. I am preparing to output the file again and it does not open. It can be opened with preview. The RIP sees it with no problem but Acrobat does not even try opening it. No errors at all. I've copied the file to a local drive and still nothing. Any hints or suggestions would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jay,

sorry to hear about the trouble caused.

Looking at the description above, it seems that you have been experiencing this issue with only larger files and the rest of the files just works fine. 

Try the following steps and see if that helps:

1-Open activity monitor and close the Acrobat processes running in the background. 

2- Navigate to Adobe Acrobat>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected View" and "Enhanced Security">OK>close and reopen Acrobat and try to open the file. 

Note: these changes are only for testing purposes. Once tested, please change it back to the previous setting. 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Neither one of the options helped. Large files still don't not open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines