• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

laser printer reading B & W pdf as four color

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have designed a multi page flyer in Quark 2018 that has a four color outer cover and black only interior pages. I have exported the cover as a pdf using the composite CMYK color setting and I have exported the interior pages as a separate pdf using the grayscale 100K color settings and then put them together into one pdf. When I check the Adobe output preview in the final pdf, it confirms that the interior pages are just 100% black. When my church goes to print the flyer on their Toshiba laser printer (collated, folded and stapled), the printer is reading every page as four color. Unfortuneately, the church has to pay for each page that is in color... so I need to figure out why the printer is reading everything in four color. Not sure if this is an Adobe, Quark or Toshiba issue. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

There's usually a drop-down in the print dialog box where you can specify if the document is to be printed in color or black and white. Most printers now have the ability to specify which pages are color and which are BW. So you may need to dig around in the Toshiba portion of the print dialog box to find that setting. Once you do, you can avoid paying the color click charge for all the BW pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's usually a drop-down in the print dialog box where you can specify if the document is to be printed in color or black and white. Most printers now have the ability to specify which pages are color and which are BW. So you may need to dig around in the Toshiba portion of the print dialog box to find that setting. Once you do, you can avoid paying the color click charge for all the BW pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines