Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest update of Adobe Acrobat Pro is an absolute disaster

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am trying to write a complaint email but of course, no contact details in this regard, so here I am:

what on earth is going on with this new update of Adobe Acrobat Pro that normally it's supposed to be more user friendly - news flash, it's not - and appart from this, there is this new awful feature that blocks the app whenever I try to handle documents, the app blocks, I can't close, I can't do anything, it just freezes. The only thing that gets me out of there is task manager, and then starting over again.

I did this 3 times, making me losing around 10 minutes for an edit that normally, before this horrible update, it was taking me few seconds... Come on guys WAKE UP!

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Hi All!

We appreciate your valuable feedback! We're always looking for ways to make Acrobat better, and we appreciate the time and effort you have taken to share your feedback with us.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change, however we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you are able to be more productive & get more out of Acrobat. With the new interface, we aim to:

1. Provide a simplified viewing experience that helps reduce clutter & optimise it for

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive and get more out of Acrobat.

We are actively working on all the suggestions, and we will address them with the highest priority.

As you get more comfortable with the new interface, please contact us with specific questions on tools, features, or functionalities. We’re happy to provide helpful resou

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 333 Replies 333
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2024 Jul 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Adobe Acrobat Pro and it makes me want to cry. I've never used it before, but use other programs easily. Trying to change the color of a line, or insert a text box. It was actually easier BEFORE I installed Pro. Want to go back to free version, but could really use the Pro features of Adobe for a lot of the work I do. The suckiness of Adobe makes my life worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2024 Jul 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-do-i-go-back-to-the-old-acrobat/td-p/14032104

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2024 Jul 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I completely agree with your sentiments regarding the new Adobe Acrobat Pro. It's incredibly frustrating and counterintuitive. Whoever is responsible for the recent changes really missed the mark. I'm encountering the same issues as you and it's impacting my workflow significantly. Hopefully, they'll address these issues soon and bring back the user-friendly experience we all expect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2024 Jul 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree the new interface is challanging--but you can change it back. See my post of July 26 above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change it, but it doesn't go back far enough in my opinion. Some of the functions I use most (like a horizontal scroll bar) are not included and the extremely irritating pop-up tools are still included. I want a version to goes back before all of that nonsense to the one that was actually user friendly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still get the horizontal tool bar when needed. The Quick Actions tools can be disabled in preferences. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2024 Aug 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I could get it to show up for me - I end up having to use the stupid hand too, which is not precise at all. It also barely shows the vertical bar (it pops in and out of visibility). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2024 Aug 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac or Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2024 Aug 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know of an alternative PDF maker? Adobe Acrobat Pro is unusable right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines