Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest update of Adobe Acrobat Pro is an absolute disaster

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am trying to write a complaint email but of course, no contact details in this regard, so here I am:

what on earth is going on with this new update of Adobe Acrobat Pro that normally it's supposed to be more user friendly - news flash, it's not - and appart from this, there is this new awful feature that blocks the app whenever I try to handle documents, the app blocks, I can't close, I can't do anything, it just freezes. The only thing that gets me out of there is task manager, and then starting over again.

I did this 3 times, making me losing around 10 minutes for an edit that normally, before this horrible update, it was taking me few seconds... Come on guys WAKE UP!

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Hi All!

We appreciate your valuable feedback! We're always looking for ways to make Acrobat better, and we appreciate the time and effort you have taken to share your feedback with us.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change, however we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you are able to be more productive & get more out of Acrobat. With the new interface, we aim to:

1. Provide a simplified viewing experience that helps reduce clutter & optimise it for

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive and get more out of Acrobat.

We are actively working on all the suggestions, and we will address them with the highest priority.

As you get more comfortable with the new interface, please contact us with specific questions on tools, features, or functionalities. We’re happy to provide helpful resou

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 333 Replies 333
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let Adobe know your concerns. This is a user-to-user help forum that doesn't get much attention from Adobe.

But if you comment and VOTE (as in click the VOTE button at the top), it will reach Adobe.

Comment directly to Adobe and vote at https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/47082691-ditch-t...

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents |
|    PubCom |    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this software update has totally undermined my productivity. Needless revisions to tools have turned acrobat pro into an even more frustrating mess. Now my select tool has vanished and even when I manage to get it on the cursor, the marqee disapears as soon as i stop hovering over the selected object. Where do you live adobe updater, I want to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't agree more.  I've been ok with past updates, even though they've seemed unnecessary, but this one it over the top.  Microsoft has a big opportunity here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you Bianca.  I can't imagine that this new interface will ever be helpful or user friendly.  "If it aint broken.... and all that!.  Geez, whoever made these horrible changes, is clueless  Computer software is just a TOOL to make us more productive, not less productive.  If we have to spend hours trying to figure out the changes you make, we can't be productive! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. The new upgrade is terrible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't agree more - this is a disaster. I've been using Acrobat for longer than I can remember and on all previous changes I've been able to find things well enough to be able to be productive but this is what the heck? Simple tools like changing view and zooming seem to have been hidden away lord knows where. There are a gazillion tools I rarely use and customisable toolbar which can't be got out of the way - and adding tools to this (if you can find them!) is unbelievably clunky. Roll back and start again! I'll have to find something else to use in the meantime though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. The new interface is a disaster. It makes Adobe Acrobat NOT Pro! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone  tell me how i copy and paste text in the new version of Adobe please?  I used to be able to right click > cut  right click > paste but this does not appear to work.  I don't seem to be able to add these functions to the toolbar either.  Thanks in advance 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well.

Would you mind sharing what happens when you try to copy and paste in new version of Acrobat ? Do you get any error message? If yes, please share the screenshot of the same for more clarity.

Also, make sure you have the recent version 24.02.20687 installed from the help menu > check for updates and reboot the computer once.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been putting up with the latest version of Acrobat Pro for weeks.  The application has crashed several times, it cannot compare files, and now I cannot print to my color printer.  I can print to the same printer with every other application.  It was annoying enough with all of the changes.  If it actually functioned the way it was supposed to I would deal with it.  I don't really want a canned answer on what I'm doing wrong or have to learn how to use.  What I do want to hear is that it is going to be fixed.  Any updates on a new release with the functionality and usability that people want and need? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Tony357288235q5w 

We are sorry to hear that the issue still persists, Would you mind collecting the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html , Procmon logs (Win Only) https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html and Crash/freeze logs https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html and share them via any cloud storage. Just upload the log file to the cloud and generate the link and share that link with us for further investigation.

Regards
Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree! What an unmitigated failure! Absolutely no warning that the product was about to become unusable. We have jobs to do and too much work to have one of the tools we use daily just completely fail us! Thank goodness someone posted about the opportunity to get out of the new version. I WILL NOT do a tutorial to use a tool I've been using since the 1990's. Stop using AI to change your users and let the users tell you what the tool needs! I have to get my work done and can't have something like this stop me in my tracks because your AI tool said the new look would be easier to use. It isn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Hall-of-Fame message!  Thank you for standing up to them along with so many of us ... but apparently not enough of us to get them to revise their arrogant errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To everyone, voice your suggestions at this webpage: https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/48153893-new-acr...

It's where we can reach adobe's engineers and marketing department that controls the software.

Your suggestions and ideas of what you want might make more inroads to Adobe and get us a software tool we can use!

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents |
|    PubCom |    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I AGREE!  I use the feature to add text to pdfs the most and now it makes it like you are trying to edit the entire pdf and you can't just type a text box anywhere.  It took me over 15 minutes to try to add a text box and I accidently found the revert to old pdf by mistake trying to figure it out.  I am back to the old version and it is SOOOOOO much better!  This new version is NOT user friendly at all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2024 May 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On top of all the crashes and errors and unusable tools, now I have to take time to write complaints too. I've been using this newer version for months now and productivity has not increased. I thought I might learn efficient methods over time, but the program is just bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2024 May 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping I wasn't the only one experiencing this! How does one mess up what has traditionally been such a reliable work horse of an app. The latest version is a complete disaster. Actively looking for an alternative (to Acrobat and the new Express). 

[abuse removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to add my voice to the discontented posts on this thread.

What a disaster this app has become.

+20 years in design and print experience and use of PDFs from their infancy.

I have never experienced such regressive ‘development’ of an industry standard piece of software.

I has become a slow, unusable pile of steaming waste.

I am finding I am veering to open pdfs in Apple Preview vs bothering trying to view in in Acrobat!

PDFs take an age to load and display, then the more complex PDFs (architects/technical drawings) spend the rest of the time constanly refreshing and lagging out until I am compelled to trigger the dreaed forced quit option.

How have Adobe managed to do this? I am at a loss trying to understand why they punt out sub satandard software under the guise that it is an ‘upgraded’ version!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly….i can’t believe i bought the full version. It’s unusable for my
work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm really sorry to hear about your issues with the new Adobe Acrobat Pro update. It sounds incredibly frustrating. Have you tried reaching out to Adobe support directly through their website or social media? They might be able to offer a solution or rollback to a previous version. Hope this gets resolved soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use pro to combine PDF tax scans.  Tax time I open a folder of collect scans through out the year so a 20-50 documents at time.  Last 2023 tax season this work a charm.  2024 Pro version, not so pro, more like a lite.  select all files, offers to combine, but nothing happen.  Before that, offered to Cloud me.  on the combine feature.  start posting nasty stuff in google search, and low an behold the combine option showed up in the menu.  The after a few fails of auto combine, I went 10 files at a time till all were open, then select combine from withing the toolbar.  

Today, same setup, except folder had a few more, an got Max folder open message.  Ok, so I combine these, then do the other half, welp says can not create another file, to many open.  Welp ok I will delete a reciept.  NOPE, no delete option.  Really, ADOBE-- you've rendered your software away?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I look at the 13 pages of complaints about this horrible update, I see that I'm not alone in my hatred of this update and Adobe hasn't fixed anything. Even worse, with CC you cannot even go back and grab a version that does work (unlike every other program in my subscription). What's up with that, Adobe? Worried that everyone will just ditch your ridiculous "update" and go back to a version that works? Seriously, what is the deal? Do you want everyone to stop using Acrobat for some reason? So frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny you bring this up. I spent an hour the other evening trying to create
a PDF and gave up in utter frustration. I went to Canva and made my PDF in
minutes. When I tried to cancel ADOBE they tried to hit me with an early
cancel fee!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Canva have the ability to mark-up PDFs? I'm so over Adobe. I had to mark up a file on there that should have only taken me 20 minutes and it took me an hour and 15 minutes. It freezes, crashes, and the features are so stupid now. I'm over it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure in the free version. I would imagine in the paid version you
could. I’d buy Carva but above won’t refund the remainder of my year in
advance payment.
Adobe used to be awesome. Now it just sucks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines