Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest update of Adobe Acrobat Pro is an absolute disaster

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am trying to write a complaint email but of course, no contact details in this regard, so here I am:

what on earth is going on with this new update of Adobe Acrobat Pro that normally it's supposed to be more user friendly - news flash, it's not - and appart from this, there is this new awful feature that blocks the app whenever I try to handle documents, the app blocks, I can't close, I can't do anything, it just freezes. The only thing that gets me out of there is task manager, and then starting over again.

I did this 3 times, making me losing around 10 minutes for an edit that normally, before this horrible update, it was taking me few seconds... Come on guys WAKE UP!

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Hi All!

We appreciate your valuable feedback! We're always looking for ways to make Acrobat better, and we appreciate the time and effort you have taken to share your feedback with us.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change, however we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you are able to be more productive & get more out of Acrobat. With the new interface, we aim to:

1. Provide a simplified viewing experience that helps reduce clutter & optimise it for

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive and get more out of Acrobat.

We are actively working on all the suggestions, and we will address them with the highest priority.

As you get more comfortable with the new interface, please contact us with specific questions on tools, features, or functionalities. We’re happy to provide helpful resou

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 333 Replies 333
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES , same here.  opening a pdf file crashes  Acrobat PRO for 1-2 minutes.  It is frustrating , especially that we all pay for the subscription !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Added to your complaint, there are too many popups. oo much distractions and interruptions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,

Are there any fixes to the issues reported? The new Adobe Acrobat is awful, freezes all the time, and slow. It's layout looks like it's gone back to the 90s. Really surprising from Adobe as the software is normally great from you guys but this is very disappointing. Took me 4 hours to make very simple edits yesterday. In addition to that (I work for an IT company) we've had x5 seperate users/companies complaining about Acrobat over just the last week.

Is there anything that resolves Acrobrat now freezing consisitantly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I absoultly agree.  I went on vacation and when I got back I couldn't even figure out what was going on.  You figure have an account with them that they would give you a heads up and maybe a turorial about how to the changes will effect what youv'e been used to doing.  I can't even find the dang zoom in our out that I can make on my bar.  Just aggravating. 

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As usual I tried to open one of my many Documents made with Jarte, a marvelous word processor, but now the thumbnail was changed to a blank page without a title. And instead of opening the document -with all my saved passwords- a page opened with the offer to try out a new version 7 days for free.

Now I see that all the documents I made over the years with Jarte have been taken over by Adobe.... 

To see what would happen if I made a new document with Jarte, I just wrote "Trying Jarte now"  and saved the document. Now also that document looks blank. And again a page opened to try out the new Adobe for free 7 days.

This is trying to force me to get the new Adobe Reader, or lose al my Jarte documents. And even if I did, who knows if I can get the Jarte documents back to readable.

I have my document with passwords saved on a  thumbnail, so I have hope that after I uninstall Adobe Reader from my laptop I can open the document again.

If not it will take me days to ask for password resets on dozens of websites.

Jarte used to have a paid version, but now that is free. And no longer served. But that's fine because it works great. 

If Jarte were still in business they surely would sue Adobe for taking over and/or ruining the use of their software. 

Sorry Adobe, but this in infuriating. Outrageous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS:

Thanks to the help from Adobe Customer Service the issue was resolved.

I was about to give up when the chat bot did not give me a real person to speak to.

But I tried a new chat, and a very patient frienlyl man came on. After some chatting he offered to take over my laptop to fix the disaster. I was glad and he took over.

The ersult was that all my Jarte documents have their yellow thumbnail with J again.

As well as Adobe reader.

He typed a few easy to follow instructions on how to set Jarte to be the default program. (Which I copy/pasted right away in a new Jarte document.)

I had uninstalled Adobe Reader -which had not solved rhe issue- but he told me I could install it again without the issue arising once more.

I did, and saw the little checkbox next to the offer to make Adobe Reader the default document opener. I unticked that box, and now I caa read my PDFs again, as well as my Jarte documents.

I had asked him it I could give him 5 stars somewhere, and he said I would get an evaluation email from Adobe. I did and was very glad to be able to award him his well deserved 5 stars.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PPS:

I did not mean that my Adobe PDFs had a yeallow Jarte thumbnail, but that I had Adobe Reader documents as well next to my Jarte documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last one:

I realized that all my paswords are saved in my Brave browser. So I would not have to fix that.

But being unable to open any of the many documents made with Jarte made me feel panic. I had to just watch the feelings untill they calmed down and reason came back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2024 Feb 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amen!  The update has cost me hours in productivity.  I have had to convert PDF's to Word as a work around.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Editing is extremely restrictive!!!

No more right click menu for adding and formatting text.

Can no longer copy and paste to other documents.

What was Adobe thinking??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AND ... the Text system is now quadrupally awful:  instead of merely not lining up, it can be off by as much as a half inch (and no, it's not the font size choices).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree. I am having SO many issues trying to do my normal work that was a breeze before this latest update. So many of my documents that I want to edit become a mess when it does a recognize text. So I try to stop this so I can just add some text in a few places. Then it makes the default font a goofy Z@R434C.tmp.  This is ridiculous! I can't underline anything. Total disaster! Please get this fixed. I can live with the relocation of all the tools which has been frustrating as well, but I can adjust. However, the functionality is awful! Something is not right. Please fix soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't comment like I used to. My cursor keeps grabbing other elements on the page. I can't just highlight text or mvoe comments around. This is an utter disaster. It is taking me a load of time to mark up a document.

[abuse removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree! So happy I found this page and realized there was a way to disable the new update. 

Using comments have been nearly impossible. It is really difficult to get out of comment mode to select it or move it. Then the damn thing disappears - or I can't get to the font/size options. I use text boxes all of the time - seems to be gone (well, I had it for a while after searching for an hour, but not it is gone again). 

If they force the update, I'll have to find another pdf editor. This is just too much to deal with when I use it almost daily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this issue has been going on for almost a year now...ADBOBE....PLEASE FIX THE PROBLEM!!!

it is now almost march 2024 and my work flow has slowed down to a disruptive pace because of Adobe acrotbat issues. I have constand freeze ups & crashes requireing frequent reboots just to get PDF artwork proofs off to my customers.....next job up, the nightmare starts all over again.  

Am currently researching how to replace ALL ADOBE PRODUCTS since they took the pantone books and now cant offer a reliable PDF app....why do we keep paying our monthly subscription premiums when we are not able to use the products we are paying for??? 

Would love any tips re: other software bundles graphic artists who work in the print industry are using

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work at a design and print shop that requires Pantone color matching for press runs. Now Adobe has dropped Pantone support. Great. I also have to do lots of edits of customer files that are sent to us as pdfs, and the new Acrobat is an unmitigated disaster. Great. How much longer will we be able to revert to the old system, which now has new flaws regardless?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not even concerned about the new interface. It's expected to have to roll with those kinds of changes with any software you're using...its the loss of the 2 most valuable pieces of functionality for anyone working in commercial print that has me in a real bind.

It has slowed down our prepress work flow considerably. 

Sometimes the crashes are so frequent,  we are rebooting 10 times per 8 hour shift (which often temporarily fixes)

Very Very disruptive....its like we're suddenly using AOL dial up internet connection again!

And removing pantone support from the graphic apps is a deal breaker....we have had to add extra steps in our work flow to get anything resembling an accurate pantone color into our Illustrator files...and even then it's not very reliable or consistent.  

I'm surprised no one has rushed to the market to offer alternative software...acrobat PDF still rules the roost. But with entire communities and worldwide industries complaining about severe impact to their work flow, it won't be long before Adobe starts seeing serious competition. 

I for one will be on the lookout for alternative software for our company instead of holding out hope that Adobe will fix things 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had to "use" this software entirely too long...it progressively sinks into the category of "UNUSABLE" software...!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Believe it or not, I'm getting used to the new interface. I just figured that 90% if it was swapping the panels/tools on the left/right sides. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it's missing a lot of the old functionality and utilities. They're just plain broken and preventing people from completing their tasks.

If it was just swapping left/right toolbars, I doubt that so many people would have taken the time to log in and complain. See https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/47082691-ditch-t...

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents |
|    PubCom |    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also baffled by what has happened to Acrobat Pro, I reverted back to the previous version after updated as it was essentially unusable. It seems Acrobat is becoming a bloated, overloaded app with alot of unnecessary tools and CPU overhead (kind of like MS Word). Slow to open and respond; too many tips & comments; not intuitive even to an experienced user. 

Mac Pro (2017), 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 CPU and 64gb RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A well thought UI design wouldn't need those tips and comments, they are more of a distraction then anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2024 Mar 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is almost unusable now. It no longer makes any sense. Sadly, I have to use it regularly. Clearly, they've tried to optimize it for a phone, but have done so in a way that renders it impossible to use on either a phone or a computer. I am beyond frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2024 Mar 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is costing me money. I am going with Docu-sign. I cant sent contracts and this is very very frustrating

!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What an absolute Dumpster Fire ! I've been using Adobe for 20 years but this is unbeleivable. I mean I don't like th new UI but nobody ever likes new UIs. We get used to what we know and don't want to change.  But this goes waaaay beyond that. Acrobat is crashing my computer 5-10 times a day. I ussually use Acrobat maybe 100 times a day to preview design files but now I try not to open PDFs because Acrobat crashes everything. Black screen, cntrl+alt+delete does nothing, I have to de a hard reboot every time.... THIS IS TERRIBLE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines