Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest update of Adobe Acrobat Pro is an absolute disaster

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am trying to write a complaint email but of course, no contact details in this regard, so here I am:

what on earth is going on with this new update of Adobe Acrobat Pro that normally it's supposed to be more user friendly - news flash, it's not - and appart from this, there is this new awful feature that blocks the app whenever I try to handle documents, the app blocks, I can't close, I can't do anything, it just freezes. The only thing that gets me out of there is task manager, and then starting over again.

I did this 3 times, making me losing around 10 minutes for an edit that normally, before this horrible update, it was taking me few seconds... Come on guys WAKE UP!

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Hi All!

We appreciate your valuable feedback! We're always looking for ways to make Acrobat better, and we appreciate the time and effort you have taken to share your feedback with us.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change, however we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you are able to be more productive & get more out of Acrobat. With the new interface, we aim to:

1. Provide a simplified viewing experience that helps reduce clutter & optimise it for

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive and get more out of Acrobat.

We are actively working on all the suggestions, and we will address them with the highest priority.

As you get more comfortable with the new interface, please contact us with specific questions on tools, features, or functionalities. We’re happy to provide helpful resou

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 333 Replies 333
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@FriendlyChap 

If you read Bevi's post, he is not touting his loyalty to Adobe -- he is actually calling them out for not listening to their longtime users and beta testers ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[NDA information removed by moderator]

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents |
|    PubCom |    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the tip. I'm going back to the old version. I can't even drag a text note that I made anymore with the new version. It seems like they've fixed the problem with arrow fill color for the dimensioning tool, but I still cannot work with the problems I'm encountering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe come on and chime in. The upgrade was major flawed. Now, what new user group are you going to use to make sure that when you FORCE us to use the new upgrade that we can show you all the problems???? Odd how silent you are. Adobe is lucky my entire firm is not in this discussion -- I get to be bear the brunt. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it's time for a positive response here. The previous version is very good. It is intuitive and easy to use. It works well, and causes few problems. It is a familiar, easy to use tool. 
Thank you for the previous version of Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only solution to work with new version of Acrobat is to disable it. I can't even make a comment on a document. What a terrible update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU FAILED ON ALL FRONTS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

I just want to say that I concur with all of the negative comments herein concering the new Adobe Pro version.  Not one person in our company has been able to get it to function correctly.  It is a HORRIBLE version.  WORTHLESS functionality.  My entire company has switched back to the old version.  I cannot believe Adobe let the product out to consumers!!!  Bad, bad, bad Adobe!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to roll back to the previous version?  I can find no words to describe how utterly horrible this is -- from the menu to the background to everything.  If I could find a competitive product, I would.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disable the NEW Experience.

Disable New Experience.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest download of Acrobat Pro is  NIGHTMARE! It crashes constantly and I have tried all the fixes I have found including uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times. NOTHING works so instead of your long "we are great" responses, just fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's bad, but I will say I apprectiate that they at least put a checkbox to disable the new interface as an option.  Maybe next update will have one for disabling the 2-3 minutes of hanging up every time I close any file I've opened in the program.  

I don't care if Acrobat never looks fancy.  I don't care if it doesn't have thousands of bells and whistles.  It has to be effective and efficient at what the purpose of the program actually is.  It can't remain central to workflow in a production environment if it isn't.  I've been an Adobe user since you bought Photostyler from Aldus and made it into Photoshop.  One rough update won't make me look at alternatives, but if the development direction of the program goes away from what it's historically done very well, that forces finding one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be interested in reading a detailed article about the changes and the reasoning behind them, but please always keep the option to use the old version. The new interface made our print production tasks really awkward and difficult. After a few hours of struggling with it, I found the option to use the old interface and haven't looked back. A fresh-looking uncluttered interface is not why I use Acrobat. And a custom-curated tool set of limited options isn't actually helpful. You have many long-time users in many different professions who rely on various features to do what they do and really don't have a good alternative to Acrobat. Please don't sacrifice the functionality you have built to focus on "most used PDF actions." I feel like you might need to widen your testing group to include different types of users.

I doubt that my most-used PDF actions would overlap too much with the majority of your users or your testers for that matter, but I rely on Acrobat for my daily work. 

Thanks,

Sharon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with what other users have said: This new update is a total disaster!  I paid almost $700 for a suite that doesn't work as it should!!  Adobe needs to roll back the update.  This is not about getting used to the updates; this is about having an app that works as it should!  Adobe shouldn't be telling us to just deal with it! 

1. I can no longer choose the exact text I need to copy and paste (image below shows how text is arbitrarily chosen). 
  2. When I want to edit the document, there are multiple text boxes on top of other text boxes (image below shows five text boxes blocking other text boxes).
  3. When I start typing, the text blocks other text.
  4. Text recognition no longer works.
  5. When adding an image, it will disappear if I send it behind the text. 

001 - Problems with Adobe Acrobat.png002 - Problems with Adobe Acrobat.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You nailed it!  I wish I could address this as fully and eloquently as you have, but it appears that our concerns are falling on deaf ears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Provide a simplified viewing experience"? That was not a good idea. Now tools are a click away instead of already available. Customization options are atrocious. I cant even add text to my tool icons. Now I have to hover over them, wasting time. For users that use many other programs, deciphering hyrogliphics is not helpful.  Tools should not move around as you navigate. Having to put thought into where a tool just moved detracts from productivity greatly. I have more to say but I'm really just disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha, Ha,

This is the worst upodate in the history of updates.

Lets make the program less functional and more complcated.

Have you ever heard the phrase, "if its not broken don't fix it", dirty words in the software industry.

If you have to fiix something, work on the price.

My company (I expoect many more on here will be doing the same), is activly looking at replacing Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the updated version, which is AWEFUL, is NOT user friendly at all. I am in PDFs marking them up for designers contantly and it could not be more cumbersome. For example, i used to be able to select content and if I wanted to delete it I hit delete, if I wanted to replace it the content chosen I started typing and the replace tool worked.....Now I have to select and deselect tools...it's so terrible. you ruined it. I am desperate to get the previous version back. is there a way to back up versions? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your hopes are not relevant:  1. the product is more cluttered with a useless bar and it is difficult to find the needed tools; 2. there is less availability of critical features (and your "intuition" is not the same as that of users); and, 3. no, it most definitely does not do what you claim.

It does, however, represent a notable change:  from a working  product to a terrible one -- except that it is even more expensive to use than it was in the past.

You claim you are listening to us.  Are you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new update is absolutely horrible.  And I am not even referring to the new interface.  The quality and speed performance of the program has vanished completely.  I cannot go an hour without the program freezing and crashing.  For reasons I cannot imagine, printing a 10 page document now takes 2 hours when the same document would pop right out of the printer within a minute or two.  I can only assume that printing a 100 page document will take days.

Please issue a way to revert back to the prior version while Adobe fixes this nightmare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You all keep updating Adobe Acrobat making it worse and worse. It used to be so user friendly and now it's awful. It's a nightmare to use. I once was a fan, but now I'm not. Why fix something that wasn't broken. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This software is awful.  The user interface is scattered, literally, across the screen.  The iconography might be useful for Adobe developers and Adobe fans, but not for the rest of us who do not live in the Adobe walled garden.  Can I revert to the previous version, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the post ... the instructions are listed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any way to disable on a Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

View > Disable new Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines