• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Legal Exhibit - Document Numbering

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to use Adobe Acrobat to "stamp" and number a collection of exhibits, and indicate the number of pages in each exhibit.  

For Example: 

Exhibit 1 - Each page of PDF should say somewhere in the header or footer [Exh 1 - 1,  Exh 1 -2, Exh 1 -3] 

Exhibit 2 - [Exh 2 - 1, Exh 2 - 2] 

etc.  

I know that I can use the Bates numbering tool to insert page numbers for each document, but I cannot seem to find a away for it to label each PDF with a static document number and consecutive page numbers.  I found an article that explained how to do this function in Adobe Acrobat X https://acrobatusers.com/assets/uploads/actions/Document_Numbering_Action.pdf

I know that I can use the Bates tool to do each document individual by entering the Exhibit number as a prefix, but I would prefer to do it as a batch to save time. 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

i think I may have found the right action - "stamp and number document" 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SarahCFrey 

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you want to apply bates number to multiple files.

You may consider creating a portfolio of all the files and then try to apply the bates number across the portfolio and see it that works for you. For more info. please take a look at the help page (https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/bates-numbering-across-pdf-portfolio/index.html)

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite what I am trying to do.  I don't want to consecutively number the pages amongst multiple documents.  I want to label all of the pages in each document with one number, but also insert page numbers for each of the pages in one document.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can be done in Acrobat Pro using an Action and a custom-made script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you! do you have a source for a custom made script that will do this action?  i found the action wizard tool, but am not sure where to find a custom-made script. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think I may have found the right action - "stamp and number document" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are glad to hear that you found the right option available.

Let us know if you need more help.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the right option? Please share, kind of urgent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are related to a stamp option for today's date, not for an Exhibit options for legal documents....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to the last link and search the page for "stamp and number".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines