• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lines on PDF image display too thick

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two pdf images of a very intricate mechanical sketch of a part, and the lines on the image are displaying too thick, as if they were in bold. The line weight is so thick that it obscures the details of the drawing. on one, when I press ctrl+5, the lines are displayed properly. However, I am not able to export this setting into a corrected pdf so I can print the drawing. On the other, ctrl+5 does nothing. What setting do i need to change? What does ctrl+5 do?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you confirm how the original document was created/exported, the version of Acrobat and the operating system you are using.

It would be great if you could include a screenshot to help us understand what is happening. 

I am not sure what the shortcut does, it does not seem to be listed at https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/acrobat/using/keyboard-shortcuts.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey if this is still open, I have the same issue. I'm using a freeware called Dia. I use the "Export" "to pdf" function, it uses CairoPDF. I'm using Windows 10 Pro version 22H2. I've attached two screenshots as examples.

I am also using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, 2015 Release (Classic) | Version 2015.006.30527. There are more version numbers available but this seemed to be the first.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not familiar with the software you mention, other than Acrobat.

I used AutoCAD in the past, and when exporting or printing, I had to set up a 'pen assignment'.

Each colour represented a line thichness, like the Rotring (technical drawing pens) pens. That mapping was also saved as a separate file to reuse later in other drawings. Maybe you need to map out the colour in a similar way before export, or some settings at export time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines