Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Links in an Adobe PDF form

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I just completed a form with links to various pages in it. When I saved it, it was huge (80.9MB). I used the "save as" function to save it as an "Adobe PDF files, optimized. I played around with some of the settings and got it to save to a more manageable size (209kb). But, now all the links that were working properly before, are noi longer working. I tried messing with the settings and re-saving, but nothing seems to be working. In fact, it appears no matter what settings I change, it saves it at still the small size, 209kb.

What am I doing wrong? How do I get the links working again, what setting (tick box) handles the link information when optimizing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you SO much

Matt

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Did you try unticking the "Discard invalid links" option, under "Clean up"?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What settings does you use at the Optimizer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for the delay.

Below are screenshots of the settings I used. It is important to get the size of the PDF (13 pages) as small as possible without losing quality. As I said before, with these settings I managed to get it down from 80.9MB to 209KB, but the hyperlinks are no longer working. I instead went back through and added them in manually and re-saved it.

Images Tab.pngFonts Tab.pngTransparency Tab.pngDiscard Obects Tab.pngDiscard User Data Tab.pngClean Up Tab.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt, I am also experiencing this issue. Wish we could get a professional here to help resolve it. Links not working after changing the file size seems to be a recurrent thing with Adobe. I would be glad if anyone could hep with this. Thanks!

I help online businesses scale up with content marketing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please answer the question posted above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping since you responded before that you might be able to help with this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try unticking the "Discard invalid links" option, under "Clean up"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that seemed to work.

Thank You

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines