• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Locking Certain Fields After SIgning

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previously, I was able to prepare a document and assign certain signatures to lock certain fields once those boxes had been signed. 

It seems like with Adobe Pro 2020 that function has gone away. Can anyone assist?

When preparing the document, I used to be able to right click the signature block and go to the signed tab to make those specification. The signed tab is no longer available to me. Is anyone else having this issue?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Team,

After looking into both replies. I found the correct answer. 

As the @Bernd Alheit said, you need to ensure your document is in Adobe Acrobat form and NOT, Adobe Sign Form.

There are two ways to do that depending on the version you are using. When you first covert a word document to PDF and click the "prepare form", ensure you do NOT click "This document requires signatures" before creating the form. This will keep it in Adobe Acrobat Form. The other way is if you have already prepared the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The signed tab is available in a Acrobat form. You have created a Adobe Sign form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I make it a Acrobat form instead of a Adobe Sign Form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ella.v.ellis 

++ Adding to the right suggestion by Bernd Alheit

For more information, please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/using/create-forms-with-acrobat.html and see if that works. 

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Team,

After looking into both replies. I found the correct answer. 

As the @Bernd Alheit said, you need to ensure your document is in Adobe Acrobat form and NOT, Adobe Sign Form.

There are two ways to do that depending on the version you are using. When you first covert a word document to PDF and click the "prepare form", ensure you do NOT click "This document requires signatures" before creating the form. This will keep it in Adobe Acrobat Form. The other way is if you have already prepared the document and clicked "this document requires signature" when doing it, you need to click preapre document and depending on the version, click "More" in the right coloum and then click "convert to acrobat form" or while using the 2020 version, click "prepare form" and then click ". . ." in the left coloum and click "remove e-signing option". 

You should now be able to add digital signature blocks from the prepare tool and also configure certain blocks to lock/read only status after a certain signature block is signed through that specific signature blocks properties in the signed tab.

@Amal. comment and link was also very helpful and informative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines