• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for some insight to what i have done editing a pdf

Participant ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was provided with a print file with several hundred pages   I was asked to remove the fold indicator ( A dotted cyan line across the centre of the page )  I wondered if  I could remove the cyan plate but this did not seem to be an option. So I started the manual process in edit pdf. 
On page one the line came off simply. On page two  I could not select the line  I Could only select a panel which covered half the page which did not seem to be relevant to the content so I deleted it hoping to gain access to the line below.  deleting the panel deleted the line, and somehow the blue fold line had been removed from all the other pages.

I wondered if the panel was some kind of layer and I have been able to delete the layer from the whole document.  In truth, I have no idea what I have done but would like to know as this could be very useful. 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a few pagesfrom the document so we can take a closer look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached, a before and after file including the first 3 pages.   I have removed the Corporate logo from the file 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for layers, many times a document is created in Indesign with layers, one for art, second for fold guide. The PDF would need to have "Create Acrobat Layers" selected for ID layers to convert into Acrobat layers. If that was the case, you could hide the fold layer. Check the Layers pane in Acrobat to see if there are any.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have checked the layers panel  there are none.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes the fold art is made visible and non-printing, have you checked print attribute of the blue line?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the Line is visible and printing 100% Cyan.  What really intrigues me is how deleting the line on page two removed the line from hundreds of other pages. I am grateful I did not have to do this manually.  I have been using Acrobat  in a prepress environment since  version 1 was released  Grantedly back in the day it was with QuarkExpress  but  I have never  had  something  like this happen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use the redaction tool for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines