• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

make default to attach PDF to an email

Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this update, anytime I want to send a document it opens the share window and I have to go through 3 extra steps to get the document to attach to an email instead of sharing.  Please tell me there is a way around that and to set it to default that when I click the envelope it will let me set up to default to attach to an email.  I'm not finding it in any of the preferences.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just created a free tool that brings back the command to send the file with a single click...

You can find it here: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat / Reader 2019 - Quick File Send Button (FREE)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi FCIS09,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused!

Could you please follow the steps in the below article to use the email icon to send PDF directly as email attachment.

Link : How to use the email icon to directly send file as attachment

Please let me know in case of any concerns.

Regards,

Arvind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arvind,

I don't have admin credentials. Is there any way I can change the file registry manually? Thanks.

Regards,

Massimiliano

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue too. Can't believe something as simple as an email button has been so overengineered. Give me an email with a paperclip icon and one with a chain link, if they want us to be able to do both, but I want to just click the attach to email button and the email opens up with the file attached. No extra clicks! Seems like I'm overreacting, but when you have to do a lot of emailing of PDF files, any bump in the road is a real annoyance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the tool I linked to above for a single click access to emailing the file...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This won't work for me. My office has blocked me from installing any software on my computer without admin credentials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the link seems to be broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure if this is the same content linked to, but i searched google for the same article title:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/sharing-pdfs.html

the key is that you uncheck the "share a link" option and then it'll just add the file as an attachment instead of uploading it to adobe cloud. unintuitive as aways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines