• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Managing highlighted comments

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like most people, I am working on several pdf files, most of them hundreds of pages long, and I highlight text in them, text which I now want to have concentrated in one file -only the highlighted text from the entirety of each pdf, nothing else.

Preferably, I want that collection of comments to be in .doc form. However, the only way that has so far consistently worked toward that is me individually copying each bit of highlighted text onto a word document.

Is there a way to copy all the highlighted text as simple text and paste it onto a word file all at once?

At this point, acrobat doesn't even show the highlighted text in the respective comments panel, it only says "highlighted text," which helps navigating to each page where individual comments are, but is otherwise pedestrian, at best. Please help if you have a solution!

Acrobat versions used:

Reader: 2023.008.20470

Pro: 2023.008.20533

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate Experiment , Edit and convert PDFs , How to , Modern Acrobat , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2024 Feb 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to do that the selected text must be a part of the comment, which is not possible to do in Reader automatically, but it can be done using a script, like this (paid-for) tool I've developed exactly for this task:

https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-retroactively-copy-highlighted-text-into-comments

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2024 Feb 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In order for the highlighted tex to show in the comments pane, you'd need to have first checked the last checkbox in the commenting preferences.

Screenshot 2024-02-17 at 8.09.50 AM.png

As far as extracting the comments into a separate document, Acrobat cannot do this on its own with the paid script mentioned below. Hoever, BlueBeam Revu can. It lets you simply export the comments as a CSV file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines