Exit

Mask and save PDF

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2024 Feb 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I have an issue.

I need to cover some areas on a pdf file so they will not be possible to read/shown when someone opens the file.

I need to do it batchwise and mostly the markings are on the same spot/area.

But depending on format, for example a A3 and A4 or landscape or portrait are different also for the allignment  ( A3 and A4 or landscape or portrait).

Currently I import all pdf files in a photoshop program named gimp and I have save a transparent layer with on different areas some black squares and then print as PDF and save etc.

Would it be possible to do it easier/quicker in Acrobat?
I have tried to draw black boxes and save them, but unfortunately someone else can drag them away when opening the file.

Also when I print them as a pdf through acrobat it shortly shows when opening the file.

I am really looking for a quick solution were I for example do the steps in below:

1.Open the drawing in acrobat

2.Push mask button (each format a3,a4,landscape,portrait has a different button which I setup once)

3.Save (the file will be saved and nothing can be removed or will be shown opening the file)

Hopefully someone can help me with this.

Thanks in advance.

Ben

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2024 Feb 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only safe way to do it is with the Redaction tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Try67,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I get it for one page but how can I make an stamp within the redaction tool so everythime when I open a new pdf file I can add this marking and save?

Also some pdf files have an active website link in their logo will this also be disabled when masking the logo?

Many thanks again.

Regards, Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't quite follow what you mean by a stamp, but if you always want to redact the same area then you can use a script to create (and even apply) a Redaction annotation at a specific location on a specific page.

And if that area contains a link that will be removed as well, yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean to mark the same area on different pdf files.

So the it is not one pdf file with different pages but they are seperate pdf files and I want to open any pdf file and push a button redact and it will mask the areas I have saved in a template or so.

Do you understand what I mean.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you could use that script in an Action and process multiple files in the same way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again.

I am not really into the scripts, but how can I make one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines