• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

math type parenthesis gone after converting to pdf

Participant ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good  afternoon.I  am   using  mathtype  for  years  and   all  the  symbols  were appearing  correctly  after  saving  doc  as  pdf.The  last days i  notice  that  allready  saved pdf  when  open them , the  symbol  of  parenthesis is  gone. Is  an  issue  of  pdf/office/mathtype?Maybe  any  update  of  one  of  these  softwares  deregulates  everything?I  try  again  one  by one  each  equation (  to  a  doc  with 91  pages)  recopy  and  paste  from  math  type  and  resave  as  pdf.This  works  but  is  very hard  to  do  it  gain and  again  for  all  documents  each  time.The  second  atatched  is  the  font  that  i  am  using  with  mathtype

Ī§Ļ‰ĻĪÆĻ‚ Ļ„ĪÆĻ„Ī»Īæ10.jpgdefault.jpg

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

This looks like a font problem. I am not familiar with "mathtype", so I don't know if it does embed the fonts it uses (either fully, or as a subset). You can find out if a font is embedded by bringing up the document properties (Ctrl-D or Cmd-D on a Mac), then go to the Fonts tab. Here all the fonts that are used in the document are listed, and also if they are embedded or not. You may want to talk to the makers of mathtype about what they are doing and if there is anything you can do in the app

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like a font problem. I am not familiar with "mathtype", so I don't know if it does embed the fonts it uses (either fully, or as a subset). You can find out if a font is embedded by bringing up the document properties (Ctrl-D or Cmd-D on a Mac), then go to the Fonts tab. Here all the fonts that are used in the document are listed, and also if they are embedded or not. You may want to talk to the makers of mathtype about what they are doing and if there is anything you can do in the application to fix this problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and could solve it:

not workingNotWorking.PNG

workingWorking.PNG

ā€ƒā€ƒ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can make pdf in two ways: Exporting and Printing.

I think the problem is with the "Exporting to PDF/XPS" instead of printing to pdf.

Try printing and using "Adobe PDF" or "Microsoft Print to PDF". VoilĆ !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines