• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merge PDFs, delete pages. Error: Page extractions not permitted.

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF that is six pages. I had to sign the last two by hand, so I printed them, signed, scanned, and saved as seperate PDFs. Now I want one 6-page PDF, with the duplicate pages deleted. I am able to delete the unsigned pages, but when I try to merge the three files, I get an error saying that page extractions are not permitted. Thanks for your help! Please write back if you need clarification. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you open the files that you want to merge and bring up the Document Information dialog for each of them (Ctrl-D or Cmd-D on a Mac), it will list any potential restrictions that are associated with these documents on the "Security" tab. Do you see any restrictions?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having trouble accessing the Security tab. This sounds silly, but how do I open the files? I'm on the Combine Files tool right now. All 3 PDFs are uploaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Combine Files tool open, and in a seperate tab, I uploaded the PDFs to Acrobat. I have a Chromebook, and Ctrl-D creates a bookmark. Is there another way to bring up Document Information?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to open them on their own, not as a part of this tool, and then go to File - Properties - Security.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened the first one from Your documents on Adobe. My options are Edit, Comment, Convert, or Sign. I cannot find File. If I open it from My files on my desktop, it opens as a Microsoft Word, even though it's a PDF. At any rate, File doesn't seem to be there. If I could open it in Google Docs, then I will have File, but I don't know how to do that. When I right click, the option to Open with is Acobat Reader. Thank you for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to open in Acrobat Reader on Mac or Windows. Then use Properties from the File menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apparently, one of my files is protected, which is preventing merging and deleting. I think we're at the road's end. I'll have to keep them as seperate files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines