• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing pdf maker files for Office 2007

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2008 Feb 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After several months working, my MS Office 2007 applications stopped giving me the ability to create pdf files in Acrobat Pro 8.1.2. I only received the error PDFMaker Files not found.

I solved this by:
* Open Office Application (i.e. Word)
* Click the Office Icon in upper left corner
* Click the "Word Options" button bottom right
* Select Add-ins from the left column
* (I scrolled through the box and noticed that for some reason the PDFMaker Com Office Add-in was disabled)
* I went to the Manage drop down box at the bottom and selected "Disabled Items" and hit Go
* Enabled the PDFMaker Add-in
* Restarted

Then everything was back to normal! Hope that helps if someone comes to the same problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2008 Feb 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a genius. Thank you for posting the information about the adobe add in for Word. I also installed the update 8.1.2 and then all of a sudden could not make PDF's. I would have never thougth to check the Add In section in word. Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2008 Feb 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just recently installed and upgraded adobe acrobat 8, and for some reason i can not save, convert or create pdfs from office formats. the addin is already installed and enabled, but when i try to convert a word (docx) file, i get the "Missing PDFMaker files -- Do you want to run the installer in repair mode?" [which i have done and it does not fix it] error and i have no options of save as pdf or print to a pdf from within word.

help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2008 Mar 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also receive this message and cannot create PDF's from Word and Publisher in particular. But have been successful with Visio. I'm running Microsoft Office 2007 and Acrobat 7, which is part of my Adobe CS2 Suite. I've enabled my add-ins and added everything to the registry. I've heard that because I'm running the Suite, I can't remove just the Acrobat to upgrade. But I'm not sure. I also was told to uninstall and reinstall Office 2007, but that seems like a big ordeal. Any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2010 Feb 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to say thanks so much for the expert help. I have not been able to create pdf docs in a long time. everytime I tried to update it would crash my computer. Windows Vista and Acrobat compatibility issues. I finally have updated to 8.2.0 and still could not create pdf docs until reading your post.

Again thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 24, 2010 Aug 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Worked a treat!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2011 Jan 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice! Worked like a charm - thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2011 Jan 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and in case anyone still can't use the pdfMaker due to missing Add-in, especially i think in office 2010, here's a trick... you need to copy PDFMOfficeAddin.dll to appropriate folder...

brg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2011 Sep 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

astarxy wrote:

... and in case anyone still can't use the pdfMaker due to missing Add-in, especially i think in office 2010, here's a trick... you need to copy PDFMOfficeAddin.dll to appropriate folder...

brg

I was able to located the PDFMOfficeAddin.dll file, but where do I copy/paste the file to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2011 Jan 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed those instructions which were actually put out by Adobe - but found that my pdf maker files were NOT disabled yet I still get the error message 'missing PDFmaker files' with my Acrobat 8 on Office 7 - can anyone suggest any other solution please?

I did find a note that said that pdfmaker files are not available in anything above Acrobat 8.1 for office 7 by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2011 Jun 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is strange. I have the most current update of AA8 (8.2.5 as I recall) and it works fine with OFFICE 2007.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2011 Aug 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Garthmyl wrote:

I followed those instructions which were actually put out by Adobe - but found that my pdf maker files were NOT disabled yet I still get the error message 'missing PDFmaker files' with my Acrobat 8 on Office 7 - can anyone suggest any other solution please?

I did find a note that said that pdfmaker files are not available in anything above Acrobat 8.1 for office 7 by the way.

I updated to Windows 7 64 bit and I no longer have the PDF page maker option in my toolbar of MS Word 2007. HOWEVER, I do have the option to save a word doc as a PDF. Its ok but I miss the one click option of creating a pdf.

Has anyone else found a fix? I have gone into word and tried the ADD ON advice as mentioned above but there are no addons to select.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2011 Sep 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

newbieking wrote:

I updated to Windows 7 64 bit and I no longer have the PDF page maker option in my toolbar of MS Word 2007. HOWEVER, I do have the option to save a word doc as a PDF. Its ok but I miss the one click option of creating a pdf.

Has anyone else found a fix? I have gone into word and tried the ADD ON advice as mentioned above but there are no addons to select.

Checking back to see if anyone has found a solution to this problem Im having? The PDFMaker addon had options that a "Print as PDF" doesnt.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2011 Jun 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot.  Worked for me!  Would have never figured it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2011 Jun 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice work... Easy to do even without screen shots as a visual guide...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have adobe acrobot 9 MS office 2007, I couldnt able to convert my word file as PDF. I tried what you mentioned above. I found nothing is disabled. So how could i solve this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just click on "print" one of the printer options says something liker "microsoft to pdf . . " set that as the printer, click " ok" it then asks where you want to save it.  Problem solved without any downloads.  Youre welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines