Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing text in pdf

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2024 Aug 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

We have been using a pdf for over a year and had no problems.

This is a document with 20 pages that acts as a template agreement.

We have now discovered that one of the pages within this pdf is blank - all text is missing!

We have identified that something happened about 3 months ago as all agreements produced before then have the text and after they don't.
We are concerned this may happen again and would like to find out if this is a common or freak occurence and any ideas how we can make sure it doesn't happen again.

Thanks

TOPICS
PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 19, 2024 Aug 19, 2024

OK, I see it now. That page is indeed blank, but it's not an issue with Acrobat. The actual page contents is blank (I verified it with an independent tool). So something must have happened to the file at some point that caused this to happen. Maybe try tracing it back (via emails, Time Machine on a Mac or the Previous Versions tool on Windows), and see when this happened exactly, and what caused it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not common at all. In fact, I don't recall ever seeing something like this happening. It can indicate a corruption in the file. Did you ever open and edit it using a non-Adobe application, perhaps? Also, does the text on that page exist (or existed) in form fields, comments, or anything like that? Was it an image, or regular text? Can you share copies of the file before and after this happened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Thanks for taking an interest.  The users of this template only have access to Adobe reader - I have Adobe Acrobat but have not been involved until now.  The users dont' have any other options to open the pdf so its not been edited using a non-adobe app.  The text on the page was just that ..  this was designed using InDesign.  I've attached the documents but as it is a legal doc - I have had to remove the signing page - i.e. p17. The Standard is before and 2SA is the after.

If it is possible it was a user error I'd be happy to hear how you think it might have happened, so we can minimise the risk of it happening again

Thanks - Anne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2024 Aug 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing any missing text... Could you point me to the exact loaction?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2024 Aug 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Its P6 on the 2sa Introductory - the clauses jump from 3.7 on page 5 to 5.7 on page 7

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@anne_8339 

When I just looked, it appears that all of page 7 is blank. Is page 7 identical in the older instances? 

If so, try one of two things:

• Use the replace page command to replace page 7 with page 7
    or
  • Show the Pages panel in both documents. Drag the good page into the current document, then delete the blank page.

If not, do this:

• Open the original InDesign file and make a new PDF

Let us know if any of this works (or not).

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, I see it now. That page is indeed blank, but it's not an issue with Acrobat. The actual page contents is blank (I verified it with an independent tool). So something must have happened to the file at some point that caused this to happen. Maybe try tracing it back (via emails, Time Machine on a Mac or the Previous Versions tool on Windows), and see when this happened exactly, and what caused it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines