Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move license for Acrobat Professional

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I work in IT support, and I am trying to figure out how to move a license from one computer to another. Our customer has 3 licenses for Acrobat Professional. And here: Adobe Account they show up as registered products. They are currently all in use, but now our customer wants to remove the software from one computer and install it on another. How do I "free up" one license for it to be installed on another computer?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

In that case you need to open the application on the computer where you want to remove it, go to Help and then select Deactivate. After that you can uninstall the application, then install (and activate) it on the new machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of license is it? A volume license? A perpetual one? A subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not 100% sure but I think its a perpetual one. It was a digitally delivered serial number via activate-here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to find out the license type, and the product version too. Acrobat's perptual licenses apply to specific versions and procedures will differ. Also, what is the target OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has to be a perpetual license. Our customer does not have a subscription, nor a volume license. Its for Acrobat Professional 2020. They have 3 licenses in total, all connected to the same user login. Installed on 3 separate machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case you need to open the application on the computer where you want to remove it, go to Help and then select Deactivate. After that you can uninstall the application, then install (and activate) it on the new machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great! Thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines