Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multi-Line Field Formatting

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello There!

I'm having a problem formatting a multi-line field.

I have created lines like this in the text field where my clients are going to fill in with paragraphs:

Please Describe the purpose of analysis and any

details you wish to disclose:

_______________________________________________________________________

I Cannot seem to format the text or cursor to follow/stick to the lines. The type always overlaps the black lines or is much higher then them.

How can I format the PDF so the text aligns correctly? I need to keep the lines so the doc. can be printed in written on if they prefer.

I've attached a link to the form here:

https://micronanalytical.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/18.-Forms-Downloads-Lab-Request-Form.pdf

Thanks Guys!

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

You'll need to reverse engineer this process here as Acrobat Text Fields only have a font size control and no line-spacing control

E.g. use your current form design.

1. Add the text field and format it the way you want to.
  2. The fill in the field with all the lines of texts it can contain and measure where the baselines are.
  3. Then return to your original form design application, and adjust the line positions to match what you've measure.
  4. Recreate the PDF from the original form design application, and use O

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to reverse engineer this process here as Acrobat Text Fields only have a font size control and no line-spacing control

E.g. use your current form design.

1. Add the text field and format it the way you want to.
  2. The fill in the field with all the lines of texts it can contain and measure where the baselines are.
  3. Then return to your original form design application, and adjust the line positions to match what you've measure.
  4. Recreate the PDF from the original form design application, and use Organise Pages, to Replace the page(s) in your form. This step means you don't have to recreate all the fields you've already created.

Alternatively, choose to not have any lines at all in the design for the multi-line field..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever find a solution that work for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines