Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My form won't save info!

Participant ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have successfully made a form with some fields. Also it has a couple checkboxes to show/hide images accordingly to its state (checked/unchecked). Finally the user is invited to sign the form.

The problem is that when I save the form the filled info is not being retained... either the fields remain blank as well the checkboxes remain unchecked. The only thing it is actually saving is the user signature.

What am I missing here?

PS: I used Acrobat Pro XI to make the form and Reader DC to fill/save it.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the file with us (via Dropbox, Google Drive, Adobe Cloud, etc.)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Howdy!

I was preparing a modified version of the form to show you (because I couldn't just put the document as is online) when I figured the problem.

Actually the data IS being saved.

The point is that the form document has a few layers with a small tutorial showing how to fill it and to control the layers I have a Javascript code. Whenever someone open this PDF the JS code hides all the data fields and show up the very first tutorial screen. I forgot to tell the code to NOT do that when the form is filled. Anyway, since it is HIDING the data fields it "seems" that the data is not there, while actually it is just hidden. Does it make sense?

The only thing I have to do is to check the state of the checkboxes and/or the contents of the fields do see if it's a blank form or a filled form and act accordingly. Kind of a very easy fix.

Thanks for throw some light over that. If it you hadn't ask for a copy of the file I wouldn't look to the right direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines