• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My free Acrobate version does not allow me to use it Free.

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have just downloaded Acrobate free war but every time they want me to join a pay version or they give me  a 7 days evaluation tonly hen I have to pay.

What can I do to get the the 100% freeware. please?

Thanks

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what did you download from where? The only “freeware” is Adobe Acrobat Reader, not Acrobat Pro or Acrobat Standard.

To download and install Adobe Acrobat Reader, go to https://get2.adobe.com/reader/, uncheck the options for so-called “optional offers” and click on the Download Acrobat Reader button.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

This is what I do but eventually at the moment of using a service (in my case to join several PDF together) I get this:

https://acrobat.adobe.com/fr/fr/landing/pdf-pack-combine.html?trackingid=Q75XPVJ7&ttid=cmbnfls1&DTPr...

Always, I can't start my work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They do not allow me to use the service without usibg a pay option (even a free trial one since I do not want pay after 1 week. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course Adobe wants you to pay. That isn't a freeware product!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are versions which are freeware,my friends would never pay, most people do not pay, there must a trick and a real way to get a freeware or something similar.

Any idea? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works like this. Acrobat Reader is completely free. You can use it to view PDF, print, fill in forms, add notes. ALSO Adobe have paid services. Such as create PDF, combine PDF, export to other formats, edit PDF. These are NEVER free from Adobe. Tool buttons like "Edit" in Acrobat Reader take you to a chance to pay. The basic functions (o view PDF, print, fill in forms, add notes...) are still free.

Why? Because the free Acrobat Reader is free to get you hooked on PDF, so you will pay for more! This is normal with free apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Eric5F94 

And I assume that whatever you do for a living should be given away for “free” also, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is such a nasty response. Adobe Acrobat has some free things you can do, but I am having the same problem as the person you responded to -- I am trying to use Adobe Acrobat Reader JUST TO VIEW A PDF and it is not allowing me. It is saying I HAVE TO purchase something. When I click no, it exits out of Acrobat immediately. I can't even use the free functions. I came here to find if there was a solution to this, but instead all I see is you being incredibly nasty to people. Shame on you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what i gather ( I am having the same troubles as above) we may have to uninstal our current version of Adobe and reinstal the reader version? I think its once you have paid for it, it updates the software and you can no longer use the free part.... not sure but im going to give it a go!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Hope you are doing well.

The 64-bit application is a unified application for Acrobat and Acrobat Reader. If you have installed Acrobat Reader 64-bit and you purchase an Acrobat subscription, the Acrobat Reader 64-bit application will upgrade to become a fully functional Acrobat 64-bit application.

For more information please check the help page: https://adobe.ly/3Wg7hQd

Thanks

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines