• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

name assoicated with an email address incorrect

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I add an email address to send a document for signing, the name that comes up with the email is not correct how do I update this

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Hi Maryc,

If I understand your query correctly, when you are sending a document for signature and entering the recipient email address then its showing the incorrect name of the recipient?

If this is the case, then there are two possibilities that you need to get checked-

1st- Recipient might have created an Adobe Sign account which has this incorrect name and that got saved automatically in our database.

In this case he needs to contact to our Adobe Sign team via email support (email shared in pr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maryc,

If I understand your query correctly, when you are sending a document for signature and entering the recipient email address then its showing the incorrect name of the recipient?

If this is the case, then there are two possibilities that you need to get checked-

1st- Recipient might have created an Adobe Sign account which has this incorrect name and that got saved automatically in our database.

In this case he needs to contact to our Adobe Sign team via email support (email shared in private message) and our team will archive the incorrect account and help him registering the new one.

2nd- If recipient has only Adobe account (no Adobe Sign account) then it can be corrected easily. Recipient just has to sign in in Adobe account and correct the name from "Manage Account" section.

Refer to the steps here- Manage your Adobe ID account

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have this same problem.  We followed the instructions and sent a test signature document to the client.  The client signed using her correct name & the document came back with a correct name in the signature box.  However, when I sent another test, the name attached to her email is still incorrect under Recepients in adobe sign.  I cannot send a signature request for a legal document to an incorrect name.  Where & how do I correct this?      

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jandyh,

The situation here is quite different than the actual post. I believe you are referring to both the test emails sent to the same Client, was it?

A signed document came back with an correct signature and name, because that's what user has put in. However, when the document is send for signature and name appears incorrect, is something a mismatch with the user's profile details.

Exactly as explained above in 2 scenario. So you need to check with the user, to further check and correct his/her Adobe account details.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  I am requesting an esignature from someone- the email is correct, but the name is not.  They do not have an Adobe account, I do.  I am requesting the signature.  This needs to be corrected, but HOW?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi velmar58001822,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please let us know if this happens with a particular recipient.

Also, confirm if this has been started recently or if it has appeared the same way since you sent the document for signature to the user.

Share the email address of the sender and recipient in a private message so we can check the account information.

You may initiate private messages using the envelope icon at the top right on this community page.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am having the same issue:  Sending to client for Signature using correct email; she receives it and can sign correctly, but another name is Populated in the sent to field.  Is there any Help to fix this? Adobe.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Akanchha,

The client doesn't have an Adobe account.  She says she has never set anything up with Adobe.  How can this be resolved?  Can you send her a link if I give you her email address so she can respond?   Can you send me instructions for how to get her name corrected?  It sounds like the error is in your database, so if it's in your database, how can we update it?   Kindly advise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Will someone please answer my question?  The client wants to cancel this service if her name continues to be sent incorrectly.  Please, I asked for help a week ago.  I need someone to please answer my question. 

Client says she has never set anything up with Adobe.  How can this be resolved?  Can you send her a link if I give you her email address so she can respond?   Can you send me instructions for how to get her name corrected?  It sounds like the error is in your database, so if it's in your database, how can we update it?   Kindly advise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

sorry I missed your further question. Send her details via private message. Clients email, correct name, incorrect name (as appear on profile)

~Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've to the same issue.    It sends saying the attachment for signature is for Dr. Jimbob FERcer instead of his real name Dr. Jimbob Whooten (yes, all made up names).   Why can't we fix this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change your name under the Adobe account here: https://account.adobe.com/profile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me at least the problem was corrected when my purchasing department changed the licensing.

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or
entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or
other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is
prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender
and delete the material from any computer. This email and any file attached
should be scanned for viruses. No liability is accepted for any
loss or damage resulting from a computer virus, or resulting from a defect
in transmission of this email or any attached file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines