• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help from Adobe - Student with an Acrobat subscription cancellation problem.

New Here ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

So I already contacted the customer support but I feel like I talked with a bot for an hour. Here is the problem I have:

I started an Adobe trial because I needed to combine three pdf files into one pdf so I could return my final file correctly to my teacher. In the confirmation email it says like in the picture, that one month costs only 18,59 euros that I can cancel it for free even during 15th of May. Now it is 18th of May. I thought that I was not in a hurry that if I forgot to cancel then I would only have to pay for 30 days. So I thought that I could cancel the trial by paying 18,59 euros. It's been only 23 days since I started the trial, not even a full month of 30 days yet. I am three days late from the original date because I forgot the date. Now if I try to cancel my Adobe Pro DC, it says that I would need to pay 102,23 €. 102,23 euros for only 23 days of which 14 were free trial days. The cancellation wants me to pay half the price of 12 months I think.

Somebody please help. I didn't mean this to happen. I can still pay 18,59 euros but I was never prepared to pay 102,23 euros.

Capture.JPG

TOPICS
Cancel subscription

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least I found the phone numbers of Adobe for different countries. It opens in 6 hours.

Important question - The page doesn't say how much the phone call will cost, is the call free or are the costs hidden?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also the chat bot doesn't seem to work perfectly. I was asking that can I downgrade my subsription and what is the cheapest subscription. The bot said that I have the cheapest best discounted price for the plan. But now I found out in the cancellation page that I can change the subscription to Adobe Acrobat Export PDF which would cost me only 25,15 € for one year. Now I wonder if I should just take that plan or is the Adobe phone number free that should I first call there and ask? 25,15 euros for one year doesn't sound that bad especially when there's 20 Gb of cloud storage space. But can I make sure that the one year plan is cancelled when it ends? Or do I have to cancel it myself manually at the end before the ending date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the plan rather than trying to cancel it solved the problem for me. In conclusion I think the chat bot could be improved a little bit and the trial contract email could be a little more precise about the cancellation procedures but I am glad I was able to solve this problem caused by the time of three days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And now I would mark this thread as solved but I didn't find the option to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines