• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Adobe Acrobat is terrible, full of glitches

Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used acrobat for years and it's been awesome filing out tender documents and editing pdfs. Did the update finally a few weeks ago and it is horrible. Used fill and sign to fill out a doc. Went to add an image and it all just disappeared... did it three times... figured out if I turned off the "Enable Auto-adjust layout by default" it stopped clearing everything I just. But now my image won't get added to the pdf. 

Why change something that worked so smoothly? Never had any issues with Acrobat until the latest update. Please fix this. I use it on the daily and it's brutally frustrating. 

help me Rhonda, help, help me Rhonda...

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

You're not alone... Thankfully, it can be reversed. To go back to the old UI click the Options button at the top left corner (Windows) or open the View menu (Mac) and select Disable New Acrobat.

And while you're at it, let Adobe know you think this is a terrible update by upvoting this:

https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/47082691-ditch-the-2023-user-interface-in-acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not alone... Thankfully, it can be reversed. To go back to the old UI click the Options button at the top left corner (Windows) or open the View menu (Mac) and select Disable New Acrobat.

And while you're at it, let Adobe know you think this is a terrible update by upvoting this:

https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/47082691-ditch-t...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restore Menu Bar in Adobe Reader | Swtich from New Adobe Acrobat Reader to Old 
https://youtu.be/zFkjvUxkSS0

In this step-by-step tutorial, Learn How to Restore Menu Bar in Adobe Reader | Adobe Reader Tools Menu Missing | Adobe Reader Toolbar Missing Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for 'Fair Use for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our large organisation is experiencing the same issues eg radio button selections and signatatures dissappearing. This coincide with the new upgrade. We have used the same fillable PDF forms for the past 12 months with not issues.  Thanks for the tip on disabling the new format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trish322480711fww,

Thank you for reaching out.

As you mentioned, the radio button selection and the signature disappear. Could you please share more information about whether they disappear while saving or filling out the form? Does this happen only with the new Acrobat UI?

It would be helpful if you could share the screen recording of the issue occurring at your end. We will share the information with the team for further investigation.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, since updating we cannot view our PDF'S (on any project).

The pdf's have glitches (flashes on and off in parts).

We have uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat.

Any other ideas welcome.

Ta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% agree acrobat reader became disaster, the versions from before were 10 times better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% agree acrobat reader became disaster, the versions from before were 10 times better.

By @PTC362677144feq

Revert to the old interface and you're done. There is a reason, why Adobe did include that option. And you can also make your voice heard at uservoice: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/new-adobe-acrobat-is-terrible-full-of-glitches/m-...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2024 Jul 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The form creation tool is a total joke.  Can't figure out whether AI is taking revenge or the developers were hung over on the day they published this version.  Can't use it.  Going to look for a replacement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 04, 2024 Jul 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are on windows, I can suggest PDF-Xchange Editor. Great form creation tools, and feels like an alternate universe version of Acrobat where the Adobe Acrobat team actually listened to their users.

I left Acrobat Pro ages ago since the inane GUI changes began to occur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines