• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

number validation

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a form to inventory supplies. I have a fillable field to tell how many is in stock. It is calculated by the current stock levels then shows how many items to order in another field. I only want to show a number if it is between 1 and the total number that is alowed to be stocked in the field. Otherwise I want it to be blank.  I have attached the form itself. The number to order field shows all calculations or the current stock levels but I want it to be blank if above or below the stock levels if that makes since. Thanks for the assistance. 

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you want to limit the On Hand column to a value between 1 and the value in that row's To Order value, basically?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Basically

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The basic code to do that is simple, but the issue is you didn't name your field very consistently, so you would have to adjust the code for each individual set... You can use a doc-level function for generic script, and then call it from each field, like this:

function validateOnHand(toOrderFieldName) {
	if (event.value=="") return;
	var toOrderField = this.getField(toOrderFieldName);
	if (toOrderField==null) {
		console.println("Error! Can't find the field: " + toOrderFieldName);
		return;
	}
	var toOrderValue = Number(toOrderField.valueAsString);
	if (event.value>toOrderValue) {
		app.alert("Error! Maximum allowed value: " + toOrderValue);
		event.rc = false;
	}
}

And then you would call it from the Validation event of the first field in the file, for example, like this:

validateOnHand("Text1");

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it looks like this would check and make it blank but not do the math that I also want performed. So the first cell if you will would allow a input of a number, The to order would do the math and subtract the numbers and give the correct answer to order. I really don't need the alert part.

I am not a programer and am only self taught so I am learning slowly and trying to figure stuff out on my own. Thanks for you help I do appreciate it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should do that in a separate calculation script.

If you don't want the alert just remove that line of code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines