• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Numbers and symbols reverse when editing PDF

Engaged ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I frequently need to open existing PDFs and make small edits to them. I am using Acrobat DC with all updates and a fully updated Windows 10 system.

I do this on 3 different computers; 2 work fine, but on the 3rd, anytime I edit text containing a symbol or a number, the symbol or number moves to the other side of text (almost like a right to left setting but not effecting alpha characters).

For example: the existing text says "ROOM" and I need to change it to read "ROOM #", but I wind up with "# ROOM". If I have a string of numbers, like "12345" and want to add 6 to the string, I wind up with "612345". I've combed all settings and cannot find a reason for it. This happens only in Acrobat DC.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using PDF Viewer plugin on my site https://letracking.com/ and facing same issue. We track parcel and shipment there. After entering tracking number in our online tracker, numbers shuffle their places.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am bumping this once to see if anyone might have any thoughts on this. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact problem too.  Still don't see a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I feel better hearing that someone else has this problem too. And I certainly also help that someone will find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines