• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open pdf files from Edge in Acrobat

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For work I log into our company website. When I try to open a pdf file from there it used to open in Acrobat until I decided to try out the Acrobat extension and then lost the ability to automatically open the file in Acrobat.

Now it takes an extra step to click on "open file" after downloading. I have tried all the different settings in Edge when it comes to site permissions and download pdfs. I also deactivated the Acrobat Add-on in the Acrobat internet settings.

It might not sound like much to do a few extra clicks but if you have to do the same task a hundred times a day it adds up.

How can I open pdfs from Edge in Acrobat again with less clicks?

Thanks!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , JavaScript , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Melanie282140167zfa 

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

Please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/enable-acrobat-extension-edge-browser.html and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Amal, doesn't apply to my situation as I removed the extension and lost the feature that I had before I even installed the extension.

Have a great weekend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Melanie282140167zfa 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Please try the steps below and see if that helps:

1. open the edge  and click on the three horizontal dots in the top right corner
  2. Go to Settings > Download and Toggle on 'Ask me what to do with each download'

Let us know if you are referring to something else.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines