• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open PDF in separate windows

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New update doesn't seem to have option to uncheck opening PDFs in tabs in the same window. How do I get back the ability to open them in separate windows?

TOPICS
PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Disable the new UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disable the new UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you disable the new UI? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Navigate to the upper left Menu drop down --> find and click on "Disable new Acrobat Reader". Click on restart. And your settings should go back to how they were before, mine did. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here just to say thank you. I have Acrobat Pro and was ready to cancel my subscription over this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Ellen33045435vgzo,

I was not able to locate which "upper left Menu drop down" you were referring to, in your response.  I was, however, able to go into my Adobe Acrobat--> Edit-->Preferences-->Categories: General--> unchecked the box: Open documents as new tabs in the same window (requires relaunch)".  And that resolved the frustrating feature of opening new .pdf files in tabs.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat 2023 ("New Acrobat") needs the option to open each document in a new window.

This should be possible without disabling New Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need the ability to open each pdf in a new Window. I am using multiple monitors and tabs are cumbersome and more diffficult to break out, move and view side by side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been searching for a solution for this too, then someone mentioned dragging the tab to another monitor or to the desktop - which I did and it works!  Hope this is helpful - until they get around to returning the ability to change the setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Sarah36092898f4on - this is helpful. However, for people who must work with dozens (or even hundreds) of .pdf files a day, cross-editing between them, having to clunkily drag tabs out to create windows repeatedly is not a tenable option; it's too slow and cumbersome. Adobe needs to reinstate the feature of the option to open all documents in new windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disable New Acrobat.  Then as shown above (after restart) you can go to "Edit-->Preferences-->Categories: General--> unchecked the box: Open documents as new tabs in the same window (requires relaunch)". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the process for Macs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just grab the tab in acrobat of the document you want in a seperate window  and drag it to a space outside of the original acrobat window or to another monitor.

Found this out of fustration and just trying anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been just dragging the tab and it was ok, but not great.
Until this morning when the tab would not drag. I tried repeatedly on both tabs and they would not select and move. So, I just gave up on new Adobe.
Hopefully, they won't completely mothball old Adobe before they fix this functionality in new Adobe. Other than that, I was getting pretty adjusted to new Adobe. But I just can't be flicking back and forth between two or more tabs all the time. I can't for the life of me figure out why having documents open in separate windows is such a trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines