• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening interactive form is extremely slow in new version

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since we've updated to the 2019 version of Acrobat Reader, our users complain about very poor performance when opening and editing an interactive form PDF with a large number of fields. In the previous release they didn't have any problems with interactive forms.

An example: https://www.pianoo.nl/sites/default/files/documents/documents/uniformeuropeesaanbestedingsdocument-v...

Any tips to solve this issue?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

With the latest release of Acrobat on 11th Dec,2018 this issue has been addressed.

If your product is not already updated, you can manually do so from within the product.  Click on the menu Help-> Check for updates

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We are looking into it.

I have forwarded this to engineering team to look into the cause of this issue.

Will update you soon.

Regards,

Gaurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the latest version (19.008.20080) but the problem has become worse. Can we, as a workaround, install an older, well-functioning Reader DC version? For example: 2015.007.20033 (without the automatic update mechanism)?

I can't find Adobe Reader DC "Full download" at this site: Adobe - Adobe Reader : For Windows

Can the first version of Reader DC be added here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on the case?

The only option for us now is to remove Adobe from 15+ RDS servers and install Adobe Reader 11?

Kind Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i disable Javascript the problem is gone.

Can i disable this without any consequence?

Kind regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can i disable this without any consequence?

No. Disabling it will mean that any calculation, validation, format, etc., scripts added by the form's author will no longer work.

However, if disabling JS solved the issue then it's most likely the fault of that author in the first place. They probably did something wrong, or very inefficient, which caused it to happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The author, in this case, is the government. 😉

I hope you can solve the issue, every update from Adobe was slowing the software down more and more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might have to do with the fact that the form was created using LiveCycle Designer, which also makes it more difficult to troubleshoot, but it's also true that newer versions of Acrobat (and Reader) seem to handle such files worse than older versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have exactly the same problem with this UEA form. 
Our tender department (12 employees) has a serious problem with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the latest release of Acrobat on 11th Dec,2018 this issue has been addressed.

If your product is not already updated, you can manually do so from within the product.  Click on the menu Help-> Check for updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same problems and have updated my software to the most recent version.  The forms are slow to refresh as I scroll, leading me to close the app and reopen everything multiple time.  Any suggestions on how to fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines