• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Outlook - Quick Print, DO NOT want Acrobat Pro to open

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is incredibly aggravating. This needs to be able to be turned off.

I get tons of PDFs through work and I DO NOT WANT Acrobat Pro to open every single time I print it directly from Outlook.

Inside Windows Control Panel > Adobe  PDF > Printer Properties .. View PDF Results is UNCHECKED

Inside Windows Control Panel > Printer  > Printer Properties .. Enable Advanced printing features is UNCHECKED

Based on every KB on Adobe's  website as well  as scouring Google, it SHOULD NOT BE OPENING and it still is.

I've reinstalled the entire CC suite this evening, which of course, I had to jump through hoops to even uninstall and reinstall everything. This is a broken feature and it's becoming a bit ridiculous.

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please describe what you do:

You are printing e-mails with PDF files attached to a standard printer?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. An email comes in with an attachment, then I simply right-click the attachment and choose "quick print" and it sends it right to the printer. I get the small notification in the bottom right corner telling me it was sent, but Adobe still opens it when it prints, but never closes. I have to manually close it every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With me, Acrobat opens, if it hasn't been open and stays open but minimized after the print. During a very short moment it flashes full screen. Why do you want closing Acrobat after each print?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want it to open to begin with. I'm simply wanting to print the PDF from Outlook and go pick it up from the printer a few steps away. I don't need to preview it before I print it, I know what the form is and I get a bunch of them throughout the day/week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not preview. It just flashes and gets minimized again and I'm even not sure if that is windows or Acrobat doing that. But it needs to open because it can't print without being open. there may be, however, also other handlers for Acrobat files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team, 

Is there any fix for this?

One of my clients has a Terminal Server with 15 users. We have 3 people using Adobe Acrobat Pro and have noticed that when the other uses the qucik print via emails or through windows explorer, the signin box compes up for Adobe Pro. 

Please help us Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting exactly this as well. Whilst we do have a few users with the Pro Version, not everyone does.

You are then stuck because if you select close it does nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue in my TS environment and now that users are working from home, it's become more of an issue. Have you received any support from Adobe on this issue yet? Are there any solutions? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is what I did.  Not sure if it will help you all.

Open Adobe Acrobat Pro>Edit> Preferences> Page Display> under Page Content and Information, Use Overprint Preview, I said Never.

Judy260208607t42_0-1662643334161.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines