• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overprinting issues

Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I want to correct a warning generated while running the preflight tool, the main error is "overprinting graysacale object". The PDF file is generated using oracle reports 10g and i used "Courier New(Western)" as a font, with a size range between 10 and 15. I am always encountering the error while running the preflight tool. So do anyone have suggestions about what font and size i should use?

Thanks

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Without having access to a copy of the PDF and knowing which Preflight Profile you are using it is a little hard…

I believe that the issue is that the colour mode of the text should be CMYK and not grayscale. Despite grayscale being considered by many users as “just black”, it is not the same thing as 0cmy?k – so overprinting may not technically make “sense” for a grayscale object unless it is overprinting a spot. So it depends on whether a grayscale object set to overprint is interacting with CMYK objects or spot objects and whether the overprint mode is OPM0 or OPM1.

gray-op.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines