• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page sizing & handling grayed out

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Page sizing and handling is grayed out when I select an hp designjet plotter to print to (see below). It is accessible when I select my normal 8.5x11 printer. Please help me fix this.

adobe.JPG

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Markm,

As shared via screenshot, it seems to be the printer specific issue. Where printer itself has its default settings. You may refer to the printer setting by going to the control panel.

• Right click on printer (hp designjet plotter)> Properties>Properties>Change Properties
  • Check with any other application than Acrobat, and try printing using same printer.
  • If that doesn't fix the problem, please refer to the printer support.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the directions above and it still did not work. Powerpoint allows me to change paper sizes and scale to those sizes. Adobe Acrobat DC is still grayed out. Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to share this both ppt and .pdf  files with us? We would like to test the same at or end to check whether issue is reproducible or not.

You can upload the file on Document Cloud or any other storage and share the link here. Or you can send via email to the email address shared in private message. Share Adobe Creative Cloud files, libraries, prototypes, and more

Note: Please do mention your forum thread and name in the email subject.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue with almost the exact same plotter (T1600 PS). Can change paper sizes & handling by selecting a different printer. Once I select the plotter again, it gets greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed it. changed the printer driver to one that wasn't a pdf driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. How do i change the printer driver to a non pdf driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue with a new DesignJet Z6 44in. The alternate driver gave the scaling options, but the plotter just gave an error message.

The solution, ultimately, was using HP Click, dropping the PDF file in it, and then it gave us all the scaling options and everything printed just fine. I also had a mostly successful print from Affinity Publisher on the same document. It gave me scaling options, just the page centering was a little off. HP Click went silky smooth though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue. Did anyone find a fix?

Jason24961578gsxt_0-1655853675009.png

Please, I have scoured the internet and have not found a fix. Please Help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having this problem as well. Has anyone found a solution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what I found and what worked for me.

Download HP Designjet T2600 Drivers

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-t2600-multifunction-printer-series/262...

Driver-Driver Pack (1)

Click Download

If not working, go down the list to Driver-Printer (4)

HP DesignJet and PageWide XL PCL3 Driver for Windows (note: Not the PDF one).

Click Download

Follow instructions

when asked to install standard or custom, choose custom

Choose a T2600 driver that does not have PDF in the name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only recently upgraded to CC and this is the first major problem. Same issue, Acrobat pro page size and handling greyed out, so we have no control over the document when attemting to print to a HP designjet Z9+. Tried printing the same PDFs via another PDF reader (not adobe) to the printer and it works fine, but were paying for full acrobat so would be cool if it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your printer driver and make sure that it's not the version that has PDF listed in the name of the driver if it is change it to one of the drivers that does not have PDF listed in the name of the driver for the printer and it should resolve the issue

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Get Outlook for Android<>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the quick reply Jason,  Installing a driver without PDF worked perfectly! I can do everything required now.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines