Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Conversion issues

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , 

im hoping someone can shed some light on this.  

we have been happily using acrobat to convert files to excel amongst much much more over the years and suddenly now having issues.  it would SEEM to be related to the PDF but i have no recouirse with how they have been created so would like to understand if any setting could be changed somehwere within the application that would offer a resolve !

The problem is that when we export the PDF to Excel , Much of the data looks great , seperated properly but then some is mis-alligned , Wrapped text and lines are merged which would mean sorting that before then resuming the tasks needed within Excel.  

My only workaround so far is to export to Word and then copy and paste the data needed into Excel which is ok but obvious adds a step. 

Anyone come across this ? 

Attatched are snips or Correct and incorrect data exported Adobe2.jpgAdobe1.jpg

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Conversions accuracy from PDF to other formats are dependent on how the PDF itself was created.  That said, I have always found that a clean-up process is nearly always required.  Is this a consistent issue, or limited to just a certain or collection of PDFs?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that @Dave__M , perhaps ive just had it too good with no cleanup needed at all up until now.   We convert a bunch of docs monthly to excel so we further manipulate and suddenly its just started happening.  I can get no information from the sender on what may have changed as i cant seem to get to speak the person i need to.   Also , wheen comparing the historical PDF's that work to those that dont i can see no difference.   the added step of word conversion is working just awkward 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it.  As for not being able to see a difference between the historical PDFs and the newer ones... two PDFs can look identical, and be radically different in how they are constructed under the skin. Just a fact of life with PDFs one acquires vs. creating one.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

noted on the complexities.  determined to resolve this one though so i will keep plugging away and post back if i find anything 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Super!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines