• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF document pages turning yellow

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I converted a word document into PDF using Adobe Acrobat Pro and all of the pages turned yellow. Does anyone know how to delete or turn off the yellow pages and make them just normal white pages?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 299 Replies 299
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this worked. I might convert to Foxit for PDF Editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replying to myself... but I finally got around to trying the color profile change in win-doze (10) and that didn't work.  I did reboot after the change.   An update today that mentioned Win11 said to go into preferences and "color management" and changing it to "monitor".  That must be an option specific to Win11 as I see now "color management" option under preferences and I searched through all the options I found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot.png

I think you are referencing my post. This is what I was referring to. This is in Adobe Acrobat Settings: Edit>Preferences will get you here. In the settings dropdown is where you would pick "Monitor Color". This was one "solution" adobe chat gave me that did make my white be white. However, I did have a concern about color accuracy for printing with what I see on the screen, so ultimately I did something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's unfortunate. Have you tried contacting Adobe support via chat and letting them access your PC to help troubleshoot? I wouldn't wait for some update because although that may fix some peoples issue, it may not for everyone. Since I use these apps on a daily basis I had to get it sorted ASAP. Hopefully my possible solutions help some other people out. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That might be the case, however, I still recommend you contact them. Mainly because although many experience a similar issue, it may not always be due to the same thing. Just my 2 cents. Also, sometimes you can get different answers from different representatives. The representative that helped me didn't at any point say "Oh yes, this is something we're currently working to fix". They provide a possible solution that was different from what I had read on any forum. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CChow   I took your advice, contacted Adobe help via online chat. The Adobe staff offered me a couple of solutions which were already mentioned on the community here to which I have already tried and didn't work at all.  Then the Adobe staff asked for Remote Assistance to access my computer which I was not comfortable with at first, becauser RA remote connections could act as a gateway to steal informationm by doing something bad quietly behind the computer without us knowingly about that.  Anyway, I went a head for a bit while, the Adobe staff's responses were very slow and made me concerned a lots, so I waited, until he gives me a link which I need to download a file, at that point I really not comfortable to continue the RA session any more, if that's a file to be downloaded, why in the first place it needs a RA session, becuase after downloaded the file will neeed to restart the PC, by then the chat and RA has gone and cannot connect back to the same Adobe staff and so I discontected the RA and didn't want to continue it.  This is the link he gaves me, I wonder anyone here tried it out and could fix the yellow background problem?  Link:   https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html#download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd try out the download but I no longer have the issue. Did you already try it out and it didn't work? It's an official download from Adobe so I wouldn't have any concerns over the file. I looks to be a repair tool of sorts.

Adobe has been around for years and is a trusted company so I would like to think that having support steal your information is not something that is normal.  However, before connecting you should close all your windows that they don't need access to for your own peace of mind (think email/banking website..etc).  You can also see what they're doing when they control your screen and have the option when approving the remote connection to not have the session recorded for their training purposes if that's what you want. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CChow  Was the download link that fixed your pdf yellow issue or other solution that fixed it?  I know how the RA works, but when it comes to stealing information, it normally goes behind the computer that you can't see it from your screen. I have a couple of friends with bad experiences from RA session. If possible, just avoid using RA. And yet, sharing screen is different than RA, RA you allowed the other person to command your computer, even behind it that you can't see it from the screen, like I just said.  It's called stealing information, and this happened in many reliable companies, and they are hard to be caught.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it was another solution. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CChow  then I would't want to try to download the link.Unless somebody here has used it before and worked.  But I didn't see any comments about the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CChow  Out of sudden, the yellow gone, Here's what I did:  I have both Adobe Acrobat DC and Adobe Reader DC, but by defaul I opened pdf files with Adobe Acrobat DC and rarely used the Reader.  So, I opened a yellow pdf file with the Reader, it's yellow too and changed the Setting (Edit - Preferences - checked on Replace Document Color, checked on Customer Color Page baack ground White, check on Document Text Black.  The the pdf file's yellow is gone suddenly.  I opend the pdf file with Acrobat DC and yellow is gone too.  I set back the setting (Preference and unchecked the Replace Doc colors) in both Acrobat DC and Reader, also no more yellow.  I don't really know what happened, probably having two Adobe programms on the PC made the crash?  Anyway I am hoping the yellow will not return, never know, because I have seen some comments from the people here said the problem fixed then yellow problem came back again on another days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, that was no my post.  I made no suggestion other than downloading Foxit.  🙂   @cchow  My options don't look like that, so I thought perhaps yours were different due to Windows 11.  See my screen shots (including the version).

The strange thing is - as I was writing this the updated updated the reader, but it was the same version and I still have the same problem.   I have no idea why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, this makes sense. I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro and not Adobe Acrobate Reader. This is why you don't see the color management option. I'm not sure if there is an equivalent setting anywhere.

I notice you're using your display's color profile.. Did you say your already tried using the sRGB IEC61966-2.1 color profile just as a test to see if you're current color profile is the one having issues?

Untitled-1.jpg

If not, just try the steps on the image. Restart your pc after doing so and see if it fixes it. If it works, your current display's color profile might have an issue. If, the best color accuracy possible isn't as important to you, and the issues is fixed by changing it to the sRGB profile, then you can leave it with that color profile as your default. If it doesn't fix it, you can just make your display's color profile the default again. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CChow   yes,  I tried removing my monitors color profile and put in the recommended one, then rebooted and nothing changed.  When I  try a "work around" that doesn't work, I always change things back to the way they were.   Although as I mentioned, originaly "use my settings for this device" was not originally checked off and I noticed I left that on after I changed it back to the one for my monitor.   BTW,  I noticed the update I got yesterday was for the same version and problem persisted.  So then I uninstalled it, downloaded the current version from Adobe and it was a lower version - 21.007.20091 instead of .20095.  But I still had the same problem, which makes sense if it was a windows update that started that caused the problem.     One other strange thing... I noticed yestereday the first time I opened a PDF it was fixed.  But then it broke again without me changing or touching anything.   Same thing this morning, so I don't know what's going on.   So as of right now it appears to be fixed and I haven't changed anything and haven't rebooted since I uninstalled / reinstalled an older version yesterday.   Go figure...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome. The important thing is that it's fixed and you don't have to wait for some update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all of the fixes discussed on this site.  None seems to work for me.  When I change the accessibility settings as per instructions, the first page of a converted PPT is corrected.  The rest of the pages remain yellow/cream.  This is a huge issue.  Adobe?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently installed Windows 11. Don't know when my adobe apps last updated. This is what "works/worked" for me. YMMV.

Solution 1 (After getting help from adobe chat support)

• Adobe Acrobat DC: Edit> Preference>Color Management> Select "Monitor Color" from the "Setting:"
     Dropdown.
  • Photoshop: Edit> Color Settings> Select "Monitor Color" from the "Setting:"
     Dropdown.

Result: White is White

Cons?: I don't know much about how this is linked to a color calibration profile set on the OS, so I'm not sure if this method does anything to color accuracy if that's important to you (it is for me).

Solution 2 (ICC Profile in OS )

Access Color Profile on Windows: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/about-color-management-2a2ed8fa-cf09-83c5-e55c-d1428519f...

I don't have a mac but maybe this would be the same: https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/change-your-displays-color-profile-mchlf3ddc60d/mac

Before these solutions, I reset my photshop settings to default and uninstalled/reinstalled my Adobe Acrobat.

• 2A - Check what ICC profile your OS is using. If it's not sRGB IEC61966-2.1, switch it to that to see if it fixes it.
    • If you have Adobe Acrobat/Photoshop open when you do this, close it and then open to see if it's fixed.
      • If this solution works, whatever profile you were using previously may have an issue.
      • Recalibrate your monitor and test the programs with your new calibrated profile set as default on your OS (This last point is if you have a calibration tool).
  • 2B - If the above option doesnt work, which didn't for me on this occasion, I deleted all color profiles that were specifically calibrated for my monitor, then set it sRGB IEC61966-2.1, restarted my PC and then tested again. This worked for me. That should be it for you unless you collabrate your monitors. I recalibrated my monitor with my SpyderX and set my new color profile. All is good now.

Solution 3

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-pro-dc-all-pdfs-appear-with-a-yello... 

This one is a fix through "accessibility" settings in Adobe Acrobat and truthfully I feel it's not a great one. Although it appears to make white backgrounds actually look white, if you have PDFs with artwork or perhaps other media (not just text and the background" you''ll notice color differences. I work in design and this is no good for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Solution 1 is for Adobe Acrobat Pro and not Adobe Acrobat reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CChow  Mine is Adobe Acrobat DC, not the reader. Solution 1 doesn't work for me.  I believe some of the solutions work for somebody but not everybody.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed my yellow pdfs, by changing the color setup. Edit>Preferences>Color Management Color Setup:Monitor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Adobe help via online chat. The Adobe staff offered me a couple of solutions which were already mentioned on the community here to which I have already tried and didn't work at all.  Then the Adobe staff asked for Remote Assistance to access my computer which I was not comfortable with at first, becauser RA remote connections could act as a gateway to steal informationm by doing something bad quietly behind the computer without us knowingly about that.  Anyway, I went a head for a bit while, the Adobe staff's responses were very slow and made me concerned a lots, so I waited, until he gives me a link which I need to download a file, at that point I really not comfortable to continue the RA session any more, if that's a file to be downloaded, why in the first place it needs a RA session, becuase after downloaded the file will neeed to restart the PC, by then the chat and RA has gone and cannot connect back to the same Adobe staff and so I discontected the RA and didn't want to continue it.  This is the link he gaves me, I wonder anyone here tried it out and could fix the yellow background problem?  Link:   https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html#download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of sudden, the yellow gone, Here's what I did:  I have both Adobe Acrobat DC and Adobe Reader DC, but by defaul I opened pdf files with Adobe Acrobat DC and rarely used the Reader.  So, I opened a yellow pdf file with the Reader, it's yellow too and changed the Setting (Edit - Preferences - checked on Replace Document Color, checked on Customer Color Page baack ground White, check on Document Text Black.  The the pdf file's yellow is gone suddenly.  I opend the pdf file with Acrobat DC and yellow is gone too.  I set back the setting (Preference and unchecked the Replace Doc colors) in both Acrobat DC and Reader, also no more yellow.  I don't really know what happened, probably having two Adobe programms on the PC made the crash?  Anyway I am hoping the yellow will not return, never know, because I have seen some comments from the people here said the problem fixed then yellow problem came back again on another days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did it work for embedded images or just the back ground?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines