• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF fillable forms are blinking Non stop

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using fillable forms with out any issue up until yesterday.  Now everytime I open a fillable form, the fields blink not stop and the fields are also black while I type so I don't see anything I'm typing.  I've updated my OS and I've also uninstalled Acrobat and reinstalled it.  Neither helped.  Please help if you know how to.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 114 Replies 114
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had 3 macs with the new M1 chips (2 at work) and a replacement at home. The older macs do not have this problem at work. the newer ones are a nightmare. We work with PDFs all the time so is it is hell for 3 staff. we have abandoned these work stations.

Nightmare with support staff who went in endless circles , removing program , re intalling it and in the end after hours of poor  quality of support which was terrible- blamed my internet connection and discontinued my call.These has obviouslky been flagged by many -see above -yet Adobe supprt staff (1st line - seem to know nothing about it) 

Terrible as paying heft user monthly licence and cannot even get decent support. Have taken it off mynew  macs so Adobe losing money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that was definitely the most frustrating part. It took me five calls running in circles with the exact same steps over and over. Each call was more than an hour long, and was clearly going through the same script of sequential steps to try. I felt like I had won the lottery when the 5th agent acknowledged it was a problem, though I showed him the exact same thing I had shown to the other four agents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I wanted to say that this worked for me as well.   

MBP M1 Pro, OSX 12..1 beta

Acrobat Reader DC 2021.007.20099

The flicker was absolutely debilitating and after i unchecked the forms highlight color as well as a few other options on the forms "tab", things stopped blinking.   Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to say THANK YOU. This worked for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow this issue occured in September it's almost December and I still have the same issue. Everytime I try to fill and sign it adobe just keeps blinking/flashing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - this seems to go on & on without a resolutions.  Not good.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to bump this thread and say that I am also still having problems with it flickering on my work Apple computers. Adobe, please fix this issue as we rely on Acrobat forms for our business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Form always worked beautifully under recently. Now the blinking is making my brain want to explode. On (Mac Mini 2020/Big Sur/M1 chip)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am still having this problem does anyone have any solutions yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, no solution yet.  Adobe has no issue taking our $180 a year for the Pro version but when it comes to issues with their product they just do not respond.

Let's all complete the feedback/bug form which I found here because this forum I am beginning to believe is not monitored by anyone from Adobe.  This is a prime example.

Maybe they will fix it then or at least start to work on the issue if they have not if we fill out this form.  Otherwise, I think they owe us all having this issue a FULL refund.

https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac

Do a search for "PDF fillable forms blinking - Mac OS Big Sur, M1 Apple Silicon" and vote and comment.

Unfortunately, Adobe makes you create a 2nd Adobe account for this feedback form but maybe this is what us paying customers have to do.

This is absolutely ridiculous Adobe.  Respond to your customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I voted and commented on two of the bugs related to this issue. I suggest that everyone else do the same. This is an importatn issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on Adobe, we have multiple Mac's in our office that can't use Acrobat Pro for this reason. Where is the fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me, a few weeks now. Seems any mouse movement causes blinking, and the cursor in a fillable field causes blinking.

I found this band-aid until Adobe resolves the issue.

In "Preferences" >> "Forms">>Under "Highlight Color" un-check "Show border hover color for fields"

Screen Shot 2021-12-13 at 2.59.16 PM.png

Doesn't really fix anything, it's just way less annoying.

Software / Hardware details:

• OSX 11.5.2 (20G95)
  • Architecture: x86_64
  • Processor: Apple M1
  • Build: 21.7.20099.455081
  • AGM: 4.30.111
  • CoolType: 6.0.0
  • JP2K: 2.0.2.49666

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Highlight colour has Never been selected and the flashing continues. Come on, Adobe, this problem has been dragging on like a bad COVID 19 variant!

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)

Running macOS Monterey 12.0.1

Processor 2.3 GHz 8-core Intel Core 19

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this problem as well on all patient forms on my iMac. Please make it stop!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an M1 MacBook Air; using Adobe DC.  I was experiencing this problem until I did the following:  

Acrobat Pro DC >> PREFERENCES >> RESOLUTION >> select "Use System Setting" (127 pixels per inch) instead of the default 110 Pixels per inch.

I suspect it has to do with the System-on-a-Chip (SoC) GPU.  it may not be able to render stable images unless presenting at the Native Resolution / Pixels-per-inch of the system.  This problem also occurs on 2K (UHD) monitors.  

I make no guarantees, your mileage may vary, but I figured I would share what worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, man... I don't seem to have a "RESOLUTION" option in my Preferences. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under PREFERENCES >> CATEGORIES >> PAGE DISPLAY

It is a radio button selection.  "Use System Setting" (yours may NOT be 127 ppi, but select this option).

Don't use CUSTOM RESOLUTION

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This description is incomplete. The option mentioned is in Preferences > Page Display > Resolution. Page Display is on the sidebar near the top, and resolution is the second item on the Page Display settings.

In my case "Use System Setting" was already selected. The default was 127 when using my built in display, but 108 when using my LG Ultrafine 5k monitor. The problem persists on both displays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resolution setting to 127 not worked for me (iMac M1 chip)  but unchecking page display/show large images - works but if the PDF has a coloured page it looks weird( can still see boxes to fill in)

Needs a proper fix!!!

Paying a this money and cannot even seem to get a proper acknowledgment of problem from Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue as the rest .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous Adobe! This issue has been around since October. Get with it!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feb. 2, 2022 and I have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned earlier, this forum is a user-to-usesr help group,  not Adobe's tech support forum. Adobe employees rarely chime in here (you'll see the Adobe logo next to their name). "Community Professionals" are just volunteer experts invited to help when we can.

This bug has been registered at www.Acrobat.UserVoice.com which is monitored by Adobe staff: https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/44524617-blinkin... 

However, please note: you'll need to drum up votes to get Adobe's attention even at that forum. (Aim for 200+ votes for it to get on Adobe's radar.)

So VOTE for this to be fixed at https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/44524617-blinkin...  And tell colleagues who have the problem to vote, too. Give details, and also state how this bug affects your use of their software.

And yes, I agree with you. It's abstolutely insane that we customers must "get out the vote" in order to get a bug fixed.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me: Preferences > General, then under "Application Startup" click on the box to activate a check mark for "Enable native OS mode for optimal performance." Then press "OK" and shut down the Adobe Acrobat Application. Open the PDF fillable file and the blinking ceased. Your milage may vary.

Mac M1 (2020), 16 GB

macOS Monterey Version 12.1

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Version 2021.007.20099

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines