• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF form EPS Bounding Box

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All! I am trying to convert a vector .eps file to a PDF. When I "Create PDF" in Acrobat I understand it uses the settings in Distiller to set the page size. Does anyone know how to make the page size the same as the content? For example, the CAD generated .eps file has a bounding box of "%%BoundingBox: -16.934 -24.192 3333.219 3856.209" and the art size of "%AI5_ArtSize: 4020.185 4656.482" but the PDF always ends up being 8.5 x 11 (or what ever the page size is set in distiller). If possible I would like to open the PES in Acrobat and see the entire drawing in the bounding box in the .eps. Many thanks

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @PhilippLitho,

You shold be able to File > Open the .eps file directly in acrobat or drag the .eps file over the Acrobat app to open and it will open at the same size.

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 8.35.51 PM.png

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned, opening directly in Acrobat, or selecting File > "Create PDF from File", or dragging directly onto the Acrobat app icon should do the trick, but because it uses the Distiller settings set in Acrobat's preferences for "Convert to PDF", confirm which Settings preset is set currently (e.g. Standard) and click Edit. Specifically, under "Edit Acrobat PDF settings > Advanced" check for the setting "Resize page and center artwork". If this is unchecked, the PDF will be made with the page size defined as the default under the "General" tab (which is usually Letter size). With it checked, your PDF should be set to the bounds of the artwork.

Bounding boxes are kinda wishy washy anyway, depending on the program used and version thereof. For instance, Illustrator, over the years, would change how their bounding boxes were calculated, so you may still get slightly different results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brad, thanks for responding. The "Resize page and center artwork" doesn't change anything for me if it is checked or not. I tried that before I posted the question. However if I change the size in Distiller to the "OversizePages" JobOptions the entire drawing shows up in a 200" x 200" PDF. The .eps files I am converting come from an Esko CAD. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines