• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to print from Acrobat Reader - prints come out as blank

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using adobe reader dc (version: 17.012.20098)

and I have a PDF document, but it prints come out as blank

(there is no problem if I choose print as image)

All printer driver and adobe reader dc are latest.

How can I solve the problem?

Thank for your attention.

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Hi all,

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update containing the fix for the blank PDFs issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: Acrobat Help | Release notes | Acrobat DC and Acrobat Reader DC | Update

Please try it out and let us know your feedback.

Thanks for y

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Cm_Ac,

Sorry for the delay in response to your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused. As per the description above, you are not able to print a PDF file using the Adobe Reader DC version 17.012.20098 as it comes out as a blank page, Is that correct?

We have latest updates of Reader and Acrobat, please download and install the update of Reader  Help>Check for updates.

You can also download and install the updates manually through Overview — Acrobat and Adobe Reader Release Notes  Link: http://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotes/index.html?wcmmode=disabled#

Restart the computer and try to print the PDF file.

You may also refer to Troubleshoot PDF printing in Acrobat and Reader

If the issue persists, please share the following details:

• Is it a Mac or Windows machine?
  • Is it happening with all the PDF files or with one PDF file?
  • If it's one PDF file, kindly share the PDF file with us so that we can review. To send the PDF file, I have shared the details with you via Private message, please check your email inbox.

Hope this helps, and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Just started last week. I have Windows 10 and the Adobe version is 2018.009.20044.

We send a lot of PDF files to our customers and we are currently taking calls from quite a few of them saying that the pages are blank. All of them are using Adobe to open the files. We can open the files in web browsers and other PDF viewers.

I looked at an old forum entry when this problem was happening to other people at various times, and following the instructions to "Open Task Manager" and end the many Adobe Processes allows us to open a PDF once, but then all those processes are created again and we can't open any further PDF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Barryc,

Sorry for the delay in response to your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Please refer and try the steps from above-mentioned links, and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

: Regarding Updating File

We already tried updating to the latest file several times, but we have the latest version and it is what started the problem. We have just checked again and we still have the latest file, no updates. The problem still persists. PDF files come out blank with Adobe and in task manager there are many instances of Adobe running. Files open ok with Google, Edge, Firefox, IE, PDF Architect, Foxit Reader and every other PDF viewing software we have tried. Just not with Adobe. We have to keep telling our customers to use any PDF reader other than Adobe to read the PDF files.

:Regarding Troubleshooting Link

Nothing in the troubleshooting link appears to apply to PDF files opening as blank documents. We had already checked through the suggestions but found nothing relevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update containing the fix for the blank PDFs issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: Acrobat Help | Release notes | Acrobat DC and Acrobat Reader DC | Update

Please try it out and let us know your feedback.

Thanks for your patience and support!

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked, thanks. Just a note for anyone having trouble, the update wasn't installing, but by opening task manager and ending all the Adobe tasks first, you can then open the reader and install the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be you could mark that last answer from ashumittal as the correct one. That helps other people with the same problem.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how to do that, doesn't the original poster have to do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to everyone who confirmed about the fix, forum admin has marked the answer as 'Correct' for the benefit of others

Regards,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're correct. The OP or a moderator needs to take care of that. I didn't check that you weren't the OP. Sorry about that.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Barry. I was trying to update and saw your post and once I closed all Adobe instances, it let me start downloading the update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have the same problem where my pdf is a dynamic pdf forms which is filled programatically from xml data. When I try to print  the generated pdf , blank page is getting printed, but if I open and save the pdf, print working fine. I am using the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2018.009.20050  and did all the necessary updates?How can we solve this issue.

Thanks,

Sonia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I have this issue with documents, especially scanned ones, although not exclusively. I have Adobe Acrobat 2017.

Is there an answer?

No updates are available for this software thus far.

I have convereted to Word and started fresh.... but very time-consuming!

There has to be an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue: Open document, it was showing the document as it should.  Click on print and it was showing a blank page.

SOLUTION (for me):

Click on print

on the print box, under comments and forms (my one was showing "form fields only") select document

The image should be showing now in the preview box.

For reference, I had no updates to me made, i.e. software up to date with version 11.0.23 for Adobe Acrobat XI Standard.

Let me know if that helped.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks this was the problem on my side. For some reason the default changed and by resetting it, the problem is solved. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version and it is not giving  me an option to update adobe; I have done a repair and this still has not resolved the blank page issue when printing.  I am trying to print items on my computer not from my browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Printing pdf files from Adobe Reader DC to a networked HP 2840 with PCL6 interface  used to work just fine until one of the most recent updates. I discovered that Reader DC updates are automatic. I downloaded a version from July 2018. It worked once and then the update went to the latest version 2019.008.20080 and now I only get a blank page. My system is Win7 32 bit.

My wife has the the same problem with her Apple computers, but I showed her a work around with the MAC OSX built-in Preview app.

Does Adobe have any plans for an update to fix this problem?

Thanks

George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same problem. I supposedly have the latest update for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (Version 2019.008.20080) on a Windows 7 64bit system running with Service Pack 1. It has the latest Windows and printer driver updates

I ran the "AcroRdrDCUpd1800920050" patch as per the links above. One page of one 2-page PDF document printed very faintly just once and never again. The PDF document is visible on Adobe Reader and appears to work as I'd expect apart from not printing it! Other PDF files were printing initially when the problem batch wasn't. The printer has no issues with non-PDF documents printing via other programs eg Word docs. Blank pages come out of the printer slowly when I "print" my PDF docs. It sounds as though it's printing something. The pages are not just being fed through the machine quickly like it does when a print job is cancelled part way through.

Older PDF files that were saved many years ago do still print successfully. The most recent files have the "blank" printing problem... the ones I need to print out urgently!

WHEN will this issue be permanently fixed by Adobe??? AshuMittal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi George,

Can you please share one of your PDF file which printed blank with us? I am dropping you message in your Inbox with few more details/queries.

Thanks,

Vishal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vishal, I can send you a copy of one of my rogue PDF files. Pls message me directly with instructions on how I can do so. George was online some days ago but I am online at the moment and was when you replied to George as well.

Hopefully the moderator gets around to releasing this post for public viewing soon because it's taking ages and adding to my frustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m reposting my messages from yesterday one level up on the tier of messages because I have not had a reply from any Adobe staff despite me being online when a reply was posted to George yesterday.

“I am having exactly the same problem as George.

I supposedly have the latest update for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (Version 2019.008.20080) on a Windows 7 64bit system running with Service Pack 1. It has the latest Windows and printer driver updates. I ran the ‘AcroRdrDCUpd1800920050’ patch as per the links above. One page of one 2-page PDF document printed very faintly just once and never again.

The PDF document is visible on Adobe Reader and appears to work as I'd expect apart from not printing it! Other PDF files were printing initially when the problem batch wasn't. The printer has no issues with non-PDF documents printing via other programs eg Word docs. Blank pages come out of the printer slowly when I ‘print’ my PDF docs. It sounds as though it's printing something. The pages are not just being fed through the machine quickly like it does when a print job is cancelled part way through.

Older PDF files that were saved months or even many years ago do still print successfully. The most recent files have the "blank" printing problem... the ones I need to print out urgently!”

I’d be v grateful if an Adobe staff member would also message me directly with instructions on how I can send more info and an example rogue file for you to work on. I have the same issue that George has had in recent days.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this issue.

Regards, CS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue: Open document, it was showing the document as it should.  Click on print and it was showing a blank page.

SOLUTION (for me):

Click on print

on the print box, under comments and forms (my one was showing "form fields only") select document

The image should be showing now in the preview box.

For reference, I had no updates to me made, i.e. software up to date with version 11.0.23 for Adobe Acrobat XI Standard.

Let me know if that helped.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect, worked for me. Thanks again, Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has not fixed my blank printing! I know it's not my printer because I can open up my printer app and print from within. It is very time consuming and challenging. What are some other fixes? I'd like to reinstall but not sure how to when I don't have the original software any more. Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines