• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF with validated signatures is reopened and receive the 'at least one signature requires...'

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.  

I've created a PDF and sent to colleague for signature.  We use 'certificates' to digitally sign.  I also have his Adobe Acrobat FDF file (public key) on my computer.  

When I open his signed version, I get the message that 'at least one signature needs to be validated'.  I validate his signature and then digitally sign with my signature and lock the PDF.  I save to a new file name.  When I open the newly saved file with my signature, I get the ''at least one signature needs to be validated'.  Shouldn't the validation be saved and no longer displayed as an error?  

Maybe I'm misunderstanding digital signatures, but it seems like if I've validated the signatures on my end and locked the PDF, then that version is 'locked' in that state with the signatures associated with it.  

Help! 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

And actually, I was also working with our tech people and the say they made a change and now this works.  WHo knows???  

Thanks!

Lynn

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well an sorry to hear that.

As described you have tried to validate the signature and resave the PDF file but still getting the same error.

Please try the steps shared below and see if that works:

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Thank you for your clear directions.  Unfortunately, even after the steps you indicate and verifying that both of the signatures are validated and the file is locked and saved, when I reopen the PDF, I still get the message that one or more signatures needs to be validated.  But when I check each signature, they are both valid.  No sure what's going on here.  

After your steps this is what I have: 

Lynn24687542rv5k_1-1658324046473.png

I save that file. 

Here's what I see when I reopen the PDF file.  

Lynn24687542rv5k_0-1658323801682.png

I've tried multiple ways to do this validation (all signatures at once, each one individually and save)...nothing seems to work. 

Please advise.

Thanks!

Lynn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that the issue still exists.

Please confirm the version of the Acrobat DC and the OS you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20169 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also, what are the workflow/steps you are doing to sign the PDF file? Please share the PDF file in question so that we can check it at our end.

~Amal

Regrds

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the version you asked about.  2022.001.20169 and Windows 10 Enterprise.  Can we take this offline if I need to send a full PDF?  

Lynn

Basic steps:

• Create document in Word.
  • Save as PDF
  • Email to colleague (1 or more, individually)
  • The 1st colleague signs and dates via a certificate.  Saves file with initials.  Emails file back to me.  In this case, I also have a copy of his pubic key on my computer. 
  • Might forward on to other people, but ultimately the final version comes back to me for my final digital certificate and date.  I also believe I should lock the file at that point.   

I

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Please share the PDF file in question with us as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html  so that we can check it at our end

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal, 

I understand how to share files but what email do I use to keep it private?

LYnn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You may upload the files to any cloud storage, generate the link and share that link in private message. Click on the envelope icon on the top right corner of this page to start a private message.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it!  Just discovered the private message area a few days ago.

Thanks!

Lynn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And actually, I was also working with our tech people and the say they made a change and now this works.  WHo knows???  

Thanks!

Lynn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lynn,

Can you share the solution of your colleagues? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines