• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDFs do not print in color

Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDFs do not print in color. I'm using Windows 10 and have a color printer and my document is in color. Viewing the document in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (and also in print preview), it shows it in color. "Print in grayscale" is NOT selected. I am able to print the document in color if I open and print through Photoshop. If there is a PDF found online (where I can print through viewing the PDF in my browser without saving it), it still prints in black and white. When I save the PDF to my hard drive, then try printing from Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, it still prints in black and white. My printer has the latest driver and I have the latest Acrobat update. Its not just one document, it's all PDFs. How do I get it to print in color again? This has been going on for months.

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Figured it out! It really was the printer driver. Even though I installed the latest driver for my HP color laser printer, I had to go into the printer properties, then "Advanced" tab and selected the recent driver name from the drop down menu under "driver". Apparently, it didn't do it automatically! Everything is printing in color, again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Waffoo,

Thanks for sharing the detailed information. As mentioned above, And If I understand correctly when you open the document on web browser and try to print its still black & white?

Can you confirm, when exactly it works fine and print the document in color?

To troubleshoot the problem, you may try the following- Launch Adobe Reader> Help>Repair Installation.

If it still doesn't work, then uninstall the application using cleaner tool- Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

And reinstall the Adobe Reader DC- Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions 

Let us know if it doesn't help.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately, it didn't work. I used your link and uninstalled with that cleaner tool, then reinstalled Adobe Reader DC with your link and it still prints in black and white.

It only prints in color in Photoshop (when I open the PDF in photoshop and print from there). Any other PDF viewed from Chrome adobe acrobat extension and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, always prints in black and white. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figured it out! It really was the printer driver. Even though I installed the latest driver for my HP color laser printer, I had to go into the printer properties, then "Advanced" tab and selected the recent driver name from the drop down menu under "driver". Apparently, it didn't do it automatically! Everything is printing in color, again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I i tried to print a color pdf from Adobe Reader DC to my HP MFP M283fdw printer it would hang up and never get past processing.  I updated the firmware to 20220211 and then it printed out almost imediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mis typed the firmware version.  It was actually 20220411.  Also before the update opening the pdf in Edge would print out without any issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're my hero.  Thanks for adding a detailed fix.  This one worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting this. I was having the same trouble and what you did worked for me too! Cheers!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to reinstall Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did install the latest printer driver from HP since I am using an HP printer,  then I tried removing the device (printer) from my computer,  and re installing it.  It did work and my printer is now printing color copies again.  Thank you everyone for posting and sharing your issues with printing in color using the Adobe Acrobat.  I even called Adobe customer service and realized that the issue is with the printer and the driver for the printer.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines