• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Portfolio files have double extensions (file.pdf.pdf)

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (version 2015.006.30497) I have multiple files combined in a portfolio.  Individually they are named "file1.pdf", "file2.pdf", etc.  But in the portfolio they appear as "file1.pdf.pdf", "file2.pdf.pdf", etc.  How do I fix this?  

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that's how they appear that means that's their actual file names... Try renaming them and removing the ".pdf" part. My guess is you'll see they're still PDFs, even after you do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried every permutation of renaming with/without file extension to no avail.

BUT:  ".pdf.pdf" only happens when I add open files.  If I add non-open files it works fine (".pfd" only).  This is a major nuisance as I generally open a dozen or more files, reduce them all in size as a group, and them make a portfolio from the group.  I now have to open them all, reduce them, close them all, and then go find them from within the portfolio tool.  Annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have tried replicating the behavior on our end. However, it is working fine.

Would you mind updating the application to the latest version available? Check if that makes any difference.

In the Application, go to Help > Check for updates.

You may also refer to the following help link for information about the latest updates.

- Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

If the issue persists, please let us know.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Day. I am experiencing the exact same issue where Adobe is adding an extra ".pdf" to the end of each PDF combined into a Portfolio.  I have tried numerous ways to get around it but have to use the Portfolio to submit  and it always happens when you create a potfolio. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was there ever a fix for this very frustrating....I get this when I print to save as pdf from within Adobe reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How have you created the portfolio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Reader does not have a PDF Printer. If you're using one, it's not by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines