Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PPT with audio to PDF

New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having problem while converting PPT which ahas audio to PDF. The PD does not play audio.

can someone help with a soution?

Thanks

Shiva

TOPICS
Create PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivani

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the audio in the PDF file doesn't play

- Would you mind sharing the workflow/steps you did to create the PDF from PPT? Are you saving to PDF or save as Adobe PDF? Please try to create the PDF using the Acrobat ribbon in the tool bar at the top and see if that helps.

- What is the format of the Audio file embedded? You can play the following types of multimedia in PDFs created using Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Acrobat Reader or earlier:

Video

Includes MOV, M4V, 3GP, and 3G2 video files that use H.264 compression. It also includes MP3, and MP4 files. You must have H.264 codecs installed on your computer to play files that use H.264 compression. For more information please checkout the help pages listed below:

- https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/playing-video-audio-multimedia-formats.html#playing_video_audi...

- https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/supported-file-formats-acrobat-reader.html#main_Video_formats__Ac...

- What happens when you try to play the video in PDF file? Do you get any error message? If yes , please share the screenshot of the same for a better understanding.

Also make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat DC installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates and reboot the computer

We are here for help, just need more information.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem.

I want to save a pptx as a pdf, with animations included.

After saving the pdf file and clicking on the play button for the animation, nothing happens and a yellow warning comes up, telling me i need to install flash player. But from what i understand, flash player has been made obsolete?

Da5ECB_2-1630507969503.png

of course, in the preferences I have enabled 3d and multimedia, etc.

Type video files were originally .avi files, but then powerpoint converts them to something else  (i presume).

Please tell me what i need to do to get this working proerly?

Above you said, make sure you have latest version ("Help > Check for Updates"), but i have no option for "check for updates".

Da5ECB_1-1630507858443.png

Another thing, when i try to "sign in" via acrobat, it tells me that my internet browser and windows is not sufficiently up to date, but the software (bowser and win10) tell me that they are the latest versions.... i'm being sent round in circles!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must use Acrobat Pro 2020 or Acrobat Pro DC in a newer version than February 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's pro dc version 2020.006.20042.

So does that mean I have to buy a new version? Or i can just update it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You dont need to purchase the new version, As you have the Acrobat Pro DC (Continuous track), Please go to Help menu of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and click 'Check for updates' to update the application to the newest version and reboot the computer once. 

You may also download the patch manually from the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

If you see my screen grab above, you'll see that there isn't an update option in the help menu.

I then tried the latest patch, but when trying to install it i got this message:

Da5ECB_0-1630517555916.png

I know that the programme is on my computer, because i'm using it...

And i tried all previous updates (up to and including the version i have) and it gave me the same response each time.

Sorry if i seem a bit dim, but i can't work out how to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I have found a similar discussion on MS help page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-the-upgrade-patch-cannot-be/ed69... , please tryout the suggestions provided and see if that helps.

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows and try using and updating the application there.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your efforts.

The MS help information is >10 years old so none of the links work. I found a .Net Framework Cleanup Tool and ran it, but for the Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package and Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 there seem to be lots of different variations and - since i'm totally out of my depth with all these things - I'm rather hesitant to just download and install them at random in case it does something undesirable to my computer. Or indeed whether i'm following the correct sequence anyway...

I created a new user account and repeated the installation attempt (with many of the updates), but had the same result.

Please, is there not an easier way to resolve this? I've spent almost two days faffing around with this. I feel like i've just wasted my money and have another piece of obsolete software sitting on my computer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How did the Acrobat get on your computer? For example, was it installed by your company? Or did you use the Creative Cloud Desktop app? Or did you originally download from Adobe's site? Or did you get a link from some other site? We need to find out what is wrong with your installed version of Acrobat, because it is stuck in the past. Paying again WOULD NOT FIX IT, so don't go down that path. 

Also, did you do a one-time purchase, or do you have an active subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines