• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

preflight for commercial printing and low rez images

Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to do a print ready pdf from Adobe FrameMaker. FrameMaker has issues with this, but most are fixable using Acrobats preflight feature. What I can't figure out is: Where in Acrobats Preflight tools can I find information regarding low rez images? IS there an option somewhere?

B

StudioSm_0-1711617065996.png

Best regards

Bjørn

Bjørn Smalbro - FrameMaker.dk
TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 options:

1.  (Essentials group at the top of the window) In the PDF Analysis section > PDF Analysis > List page objects, grouped by type...
  2. (In the Prepress Group at the top of the window) PDF Analysis > List potential problems
  3. Make your own profile
    EricDumas_0-1711617906378.png

For 1 and 2, you can create a report to have a seperate list while you fix your document.

Doesn't Frame Maker have its own preflight? I used FrameMAker several years ago, I cannot remember.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To make your own profile, use the Options drop down on the top right and fill the details you need (new name, dpi values...)

EricDumas_0-1711618145469.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a million! I have not put together the job originally and there a LOT of pages with a LOT of images i all sorts of color spaces and resolutions. I believe they are going to print this thing in traditional offset printing, so I shall have to find a way to fix all the errors. FrameMaker DOES have some preflighting, but the distance between what works inside FrameMaker and what actually comes OUT of FrameMaker in PDF has grown, unfortunately.

Bjørn Smalbro - FrameMaker.dk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let me add to Eric's correct answer about low-resolution images: That is way beyond Acrobat's capabilities. You need to have an image-based application to increase the resolution of an image. Photoshop can do this to some degree, but it is restricted to file types. Other applications, such as "Topaz Photo AI," are more reliable and can work on almost all image types. But, whatever image application you use, the image must be removed from the document, processed by the image application, and replaced. There is NO solution for applying the process from within Acrobat. 

Sadly, and I know you do not want to hear this, all image upgrades and enhancements should be completed before the PDF process is initiated. 

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines