Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prepare Form tools greyed out

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I created a form with many fillable fields, checkboxes, radio buttons, dropdowns, etc. I then secured the form and sent it to a client. I need to make a change to this form but even when I put in the credentials to edit my form, I cannot click any of the fillable fields and access their properties. Also, the tools to add other fillable fields are greyed out. 

Is there any way to recover the ability to edit this form? I put ALOT of time into it.

Thanks, 

Corey

TOPICS
PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Corey,

In this scenario, apart from adding checkboxes, radio buttons, dropdowns I assume you have also added or applied signature on this form. If yes, then this is why you haven't been able to edit the form further.

Signing makes a document secure and restricted to make further chnages. Signing is a final process, once done, you cant edit the form anymore as its locked. 

Or while applying security, you have either set this form's properties restricted to make Editing. Open Doucment>right click>Document Properties>Security>Chcek document restriction summary.

Try editing the original form, or if you have a copy of this form, before signing it. 

Or, other scenario and its solution is mentioned here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/can-t-edit-fillable-fields/td-p/9479726?page=1 

Note: we can check the same form at our end, if you are ok to share it with us. 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

good afternoon,

I also edited a file and added fillable fields and they to are greyed out.  please help.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines